Tranny ?s

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
eugenius

made my mind up 2 get a Z. not the best on a stick... i can drive em ok. not gonna tear em up or anything but i prefer the ease of auto. how much slower is the auto than manual? does it restrict bolt ons? like i had to convert my CRX to 5 spd to turbo it because a turbo would destroy my auto tranny. can i turbo a auto 350? i just wanna mild setup, maybe a lil street racing from time to time but nothing major. whats gonna be the diffrence in 1/4 mile times? i heard manual shift mode on the auto was pretty cool, does in shorten the speed gap between auto and m/t at all? thanks a ton guys

idriveaTTz32
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT

stillen and other companies make modified auto trannsmissions for the Z and G cars. turbos on an auto for drag applications tend to be a little faster if setup properly. check out stillen and level10 for more info on beefed up autos. You can also go with a shorter final drive for some added push.

Get the car you now you will ultimately want when all is said and done otherwise you might not be completely satisfied and thats no fun!

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Stick with the 6 speed. WOmen don't respect guys who drive sports cars with automatics...regardiess of if you can tell it what gear to use...

-Chet

icice9
Car: 280ZX

if you cant drive a manual you shouldnt own a sports car... unless your a girl... lol

Axelpkt
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder 5spd

icice9 wrote:if you cant drive a manual you shouldnt own a sports car... unless your a girl... lol
haha so true

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”