tranny problem:(

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
DOS40vert

Just got my vert on Sunday.. brought it from Sacramento all the way to los Angeles with no oil.. when I got to the big hills before six flags the car wouldn't shift but it made it got to Hollywood exit, went to a autozone bought some and then the car started shifting normal.... Monday morning on my way to work it didn't wanted to shift I rev it a little and then it started shifting good, Yesturday it only did it ones... I'm planning on doing the oil change and the filter... Any suggestion?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I assume this is still an auto tranny? They usually do have issues eventually, probably start looking for a used tranny, should be able to find them cheap/free.

But yes, tranny fluid change would be the first thing to try.

coldcuts
Car: 1993 240SX Convertible

When my car won't upshift, I find that quickly moving the ignition from 'on' to 'acc' and back (but not to 'start', the engine will still be running) will solve the problem. Not an ideal fix, but usually better than any other alternative I am faced with at the time.

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Common problem for these cars. There's a rev sensor that needs to be unplugged. There's a post on here by Old Sarge that has tons of information.

DOS40vert

Yea I just got it so its automatic, It hasn't done it any more I just have to warm it up good before taking off. I got the filter, gasket and the oil hopefully that helps cause I'm a little afraid off stepping in it, so I drive it slow hahaha I think I'm gonna do my 5spd swap sooner than I thought.. thanks for the help I did a lot of reading and now that I know I'm not the only one wit the same problem, made me feel better... Thanks

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”