tranny fluid plug

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
machinehead

i have a 1990 stanza with the ka. where is the tranny fluid plug so i can drain it? am i gonna find this thing easily tomorrow or is it in some ungodly must use a lift type place?

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well its always better to get the car off of the ground, and if its anything like the 24o's its a pretty good way in there, with the right tools however, any job is fairly easy

machinehead

it better not be way up there :p i need someone to buy me one of those big ol car lifts, i'd be must obliged ;) i dont even have a good jack lol

nlzmo400r

neither do i, i always borrow a friends hydrolic jack (as we are usually working on HIS car anyway) but check around with some car friends to see if they know someone with a shop or something that u can lift her up on, its not TOO big of a job, and after u do it the first time, its piece of cake everytime after that

machinehead

its an easy job, just wish it wasnt so darn hot out ;)

nlzmo400r

yea really, over here its rained everyday, so ive had a small break from helping friends ;), but hopefully all this flooding will subcide and we can start workin on the cars again

Return to “Altima General Discussions”