trailing arm dampers

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
rustfarmer
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Replacing my Qx4 trailing arms and the vibration damper bolts snapped off of some. Are these things available or are they even needed?

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

All of the dynamic dampers on the rear suspension have been discontinued. Up to six of them are installed to reduce vibrations while driving. 2 on the axle housing, 2 on the upper control arms, and 2 on the lower control arms. These are not critical items to be missing but you might notice the difference in vibration noise without them.

rustfarmer
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Thank you mdmellott for your kind response. I may be able to weld new studs where the broken ones are, but good to know I could live without them if need be. I soaked all these parts in PB Blaster for weeks before attempting removal, however I still am having to cut the trailing arm bolts on a few and will need to repair several of the brake line holder bolts/studs. I had no idea this job would be such a chore. I have had to use a floor jack under a ¾ inch breaker bar to loosen some bolts and even that wouldn't do it for others.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”