Trailer Hitch for 2013 Gen 1?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

Greetings All. Anyone know if the 2013 Gen 1 is prewired for trailer lights? I am installing a hitch to haul 300lbs of canoe and trailer. I can get a wiring kit but I want to make sure the wiring isn't already there on the 2013?

AND - If I need to wire it myself, do I have to run the power wire all the way up to the battery?

I saw the valuable exchange that Vstar had with computerguy, but that was on a 2021 model: post6827824.html?hilit=trailer%20hitch#p6827824

Thank you gang,
Paul

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

They do make a T-harness with converter, and unlike the '14~'15 gen2's where they forgot about the righthand taillight, the gen1's do have all the proper connections provided it's a tow-package equipped SV. If not, the harness will still work, but you might need to do some wiring for the righthand lamp. Here's a link to the instructions:
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/resourc ... /1ui26.pdf

The SV's have a 30A fuse connection for the trailer brake, but I don't imagine you'll have those on a 300 lb rig. However, if you don't have a trans cooler installed, get one, and be prepared to decrease your fluid change interval. Towing anything heavier than a bicycle puts weird and unique loads on the belt!

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:04 am
They do make a T-harness with converter, and unlike the '14~'15 gen2's where they forgot about the righthand taillight, the gen1's do have all the proper connections provided it's a tow-package equipped SV. If not, the harness will still work, but you might need to do some wiring for the righthand lamp. Here's a link to the instructions:
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/resourc ... /1ui26.pdf

The SV's have a 30A fuse connection for the trailer brake, but I don't imagine you'll have those on a 300 lb rig. However, if you don't have a trans cooler installed, get one, and be prepared to decrease your fluid change interval. Towing anything heavier than a bicycle puts weird and unique loads on the belt!
Thanks Vstar. I have an "S" model but I do have a cooler installed. When I look up # 999T8-GU000 on NPD, it says that p/n fits the SV trim only, but also confirms it fits my vehicle by VIN. ??

If I have to use an aftermarket wiring kit (Curt makes one specific to the 2013 Rogue), do I need to run the power wire all the up to the battery?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Only if you have trailer brakes or need battery power to the trailer. The basic lighting setup doesn't require 12V power. The SV thing might be a typo, I'd take a look behind your cargo trim and see if the 2-pin connector called out in the instructions is present. If so, that has your 30A battery and righthand brake/turn connections.

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:07 am
Only if you have trailer brakes or need battery power to the trailer. The basic lighting setup doesn't require 12V power. The SV thing might be a typo, I'd take a look behind your cargo trim and see if the 2-pin connector called out in the instructions is present. If so, that has your 30A battery and righthand brake/turn connections.
Roger that

Return to “Rogue Forum”