traction control rewire with sparco steering wheel??

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
IlsG35
Car: 2003 graphite 6speed G35

i got an aftermarket steering wheel put in, after my accident, cuz the air bag was too expensive. after i got it put in my slip and VDC lights never turned off. is there a way that i can rewire the car, so that i can have my traction control back?

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Sounds like you need to have your ECU flashed...maybe they can eliminate the need for the airbag to keep the computer happy...

IlsG35

oh ok cool i had my flash done befor my accident ill go back since they said it has a warrenty.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

What does your insurance company say about not repairing your air bag, will they still cover you................I'll bet your policy rate shows an air bag discount - failure to repair is insurance fraud.

The air bag ecu stores all the FACTS good and bad and will be a witness against you in the next accident if someone gets injured.

Repair all the damage to return systems to functionality.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

q45tech is right

not to mention about your life can't put that against $. I think.

But it is your option. Just saying it. You should consider it.

Zozoka

pae9132
Car: Modified 03 V35

here is a link that might help if you spend some more money. it's for a momo hub with airbag delete. I want to get an aftermarket wheel for the looks. I figure seatbelts work just fine and I never go anywhere without it on. http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/mohubadkitwi.html

IlsG35

well right now im not drving my car due to my previous driving record. im not allowed to drive it until this august. im just paying $200 a month and insurance knows there is no airbag and that noone is driving the car. once i get to driving that car again i want to put an airbag back in it but everywhere i go they say at least $3000 for parts. if any of u know where to get it for a little cheaper please let me know.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Not just air bag/bags but the computer that controls them all, including seat belt pretensioners.

Once a bag deploys the system is permanently locked down to save the accident data for insurance investigators.

Missing something here? Insurance pays to replace everything less deductible. Did you not have insurance when wreckless driving occured?

I never use the term accident as no wreck is an accident someone is always at fault.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

So when a big rig tire blows (and it wasn't worn) causing an accident...that's someone's fault?

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

LOL

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Q45tech wrote:What does your insurance company say about not repairing your air bag, will they still cover you................I'll bet your policy rate shows an air bag discount - failure to repair is insurance fraud.

The air bag ecu stores all the FACTS good and bad and will be a witness against you in the next accident if someone gets injured.

Repair all the damage to return systems to functionality.
For fraud to exist, there has to be some level of intent to mislead for a gain. If the insurance company was not notified of the missing airbag at the time of application, the insurance company will rescind the policy if they feel the risk was not something they would have insured at that premium amount (usually with some amount of good faith cushion). If the policy was reinstated with no report of the accident to the company, they could deny a later claim (probably in part) based on not reporting the accident in a timely manner as it is required by the policy and if the lack of reporting would have changed coverage or the value of a claim somehow. It's highly unlikely that an insurance company will open themselves up to a bad faith lawsuit over an airbag by calling it fraud unless he tried to claim a previously deployed airbag against a later claim.

One rule you learn if you work in insurance claims. Insurance companies do cover stupidity.

It can affect a third party injury claim (claim against another driver's carrier) though, as you assume a responsibility by removing a safety system that might have prevented an injury that you received.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

joe603 wrote:So when a big rig tire blows (and it wasn't worn) causing an accident...that's someone's fault?
Actually, yes. It could fall on the truck driver for not maintaining the tire properly. Or, the tire manufacturer if there is a defect. These are rare situations for the most part, or the plaintiff party may not pursue having some expensive forensics done unless there is a huge potential for a large settlement and/or there may be a negative history with that make and model of tire before.

Also, there are different types of liability. It's called strict liability. Sometimes things happen that even to the best of our ability to control(reasonably), may not be enough. It may not be an issue of "fault" per se, but liability would still rest against the owner/driver of the big rig.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”