Traction control light comes on, no acceleration..LONG TERM ISSUE, FRUSTRATED!

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Short9974
Car: 2011 Maxima SV Sport

Sorry for length, I need desperate HELP! I am the original owner of a 2011 Nissan Maxima Sport, 168K miles, all me. I’ve been dealing with a stalling issue for more than two years. Originally the car would abruptly stall after highway driving (slowing down to exit, etc). When that happened every light on the dashboard would come on, without warning, and engine would just shut off completely. No prior hesitation or stalling - straight to dead car. I would coast to a stop, put it in park for 30 seconds and car would start and run completely normal. These episodes went from monthly occurrences to weekly to daily and now multiple times per day. It’s not a repeatable “when it happens take it to the dealer” scenerio, it happens randomly. Last time Nissan ran the code it was a cam sensor that I had replaced for $400. Next day, same issue, problem not solved. Nissan dealer shrugs, can’t figure it out. It is now a daily occurrence, multiple times. However, now it does not completely stall. The check engine and traction control lights comes on randomly. As soon as it does, city or highway driving, I cannot give the car any gas or it will sputter and eventually stalls. When this happens the exhaust smells different, almost like a two-stroke exhaust. I can still coast to a stop, turn it off for 15-30 seconds, turn it back on - all good until next episode. Beyond frustrated at this point, it’s now becoming a dangerous vehicle to drive. Any thoughts? DESPERATE for help! :mad:

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”