track pads for 93 J30 setup???

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
nismoautoxr
Car: 95 S14

Hey guys...Cracker,SR20 goofus..etc.

I just did a brake swap on my S-14 track hoopty and the stuff I used was front and rear rotors and calipers from a 93 J30

I called my usual guy for hawk HP+ pads and he said he doesnt see a application listed for the 93 J30.

Is the J30 caliper/pad the same as any other performance application such as 300z, 350z etc.Sorry to be a friggin lazy *** but i thought sure some of you track dogs would surely know since its a fairly popular swap.

Help,pretty please.

RR

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

I have no idea if the pads are the same as any other make or not. I guess you could go to the parts store and see if they are the same part number, or if they are the same physicial size or not.

On a side note, if you have some old brake pads from the j30(What is a j30 anyways???) you can contact Carbotech, send them the backer plates and they can slap what eve compound you need on them. At least I am fairly sure they used to do this. One of the local guys runs a goat, with willwood brakes and didn't like the willwood pads, so some one suggested he contact carbotech for custom pads. I'm not sure how much they charge for this. From what I gathered though, the hardest part for them to manufacture a new pad they currently don't offer is getting the proper backing plate for the pads. Worth a phone call.

nismoautoxr

my parts guy says that is an option to send cores to carbotech and have them line them with track compounds.I just didnt wanna reinvent the wheel if there was another option of an off the shelf product.

THe only thing Hawk offers for the infiniti J30 is the HPS.I am a very agressive 10/10ths track day driver and I take it super deep so HPS will never do the job.HP+ has served me very well .I get 4-5 2hour track days out of em and I DD the car also as well as all of the autox I do so im pretty near and dear to those .

Who knows I may like the carbotech better.

RR

crackler
Car: ZOMG JDM TYT3

FWIW, I went from HPS to Panther plus's (XP-9's I think, they have since changed there product names from what I gather.). As much as the HPS SUCKED, the Carbotech's where inversely proportionate in *** KICKING.I am stuck on ceramic pads now.

I wouldn't trust HPS on track either. I ran my s13 at HPT once on HPS, running about 7/10th's and was getting pad fade after 10 -15 minutes (luckily each run groups ran 15 - 20 min). I had to let up a couple times, and I wasn't even braking hard.

Have you tried metal masters, EBC (BLEH), porterfield, or any one else, to see if any of them have any track offerings for the j30?

Cone Junky
Car: S13 fastback
BMW e46 328i

I had pretty good luck with PBR Metal Masters on my GTI track car. They were referred to me by a friend that used to work for a proffesional Toyota racing team and they used them for years.They're cheap and easy to get too

nismoautoxr

thanks fellers.Ill look into sll of those suggestions .I appreciate it

RR

Spoolin6er
Car: s14

Hate to bring up such an old thread, but does anyone have any updates on what to go with for track pads with a J30 setup?

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Thread from the dead again, for anyone that has this question in the future
Carbotech and no need to send blanks, love those guys!
Tell Mike Infiniti Chump Car sent you, specify your calipers.

Michael Puskar, Jr.
Sales and Technical Support
Carbotech Performance Brakes
4031 Dearborn Place N.W.
Concord, NC 28027
1-877-899-5024

95maxrider
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30, 1988 BMW 528e

I used to run a Q45 caliper, Cobra rotor setup on my car, and pad selection sucks. Keep in mind the Q45 calipers and J30 calipers are all pretty much the same. I think there is a slight difference somewhere, but they're close enough. The best pad I was able to get my hands on was the Hawk HPS, but it's not up to track abuse. I can vouch for Carbotech XP-8 track pads, but good luck getting a set for those calipers. That's why I made the move to Wilwood- better pad selection and bigger rotors! But for a cheap setup, it's tough to beat the 300zx parts, and they will have a much bigger pad selection.

Spoolin6er
Car: s14

So now that Carbotech's are available, xp8 or xp10?? Same pad front/rear? Looking for a true track pad, 325hp s14, J30 front, stock 240 rear.

http://www.frsport.com/Carbotech-CT486- ... 24502.html

Thanks for offering these!

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”