Track Day in Las Vegas!!!

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
TRD_83_SupraDrifter
Car: 1983 Toyota Supra

Sorry ahead of time if this is the wrong spot to post this but I think this is the only spot I could find. Hey guys... Just wanted to chim in here really quick.

We are working on a GREAT track day for everyone. The track is being extended to more than 4 miles - see track map on the official SILV05 website at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v05/road.asp

We are also partering with a professional track event management company to make sure the day runs as smoothly as possible. They are also including some instructors and light classes so everyone can get the most enjoyment possible out of this day.

One of our ideas for this year is to split the track into two sections. The smaller section will be for the beginners so they can get the feel for the track much more quickly and we can put fewer cars on the track at the same time. This will increase seat time for everyone by giving us two tracks to rotate people through.

We still have plenty of spaces available but if we don't sell enough to cover the costs of the rental we will be forced to cancel - and lose our deposit. If we lose our deposit I will not be able to coordinate another track day again for future SILV events.

This track day is open to EVERYONE! You don't need a Supra. Tell all your friends to get signed up.

If you are sitting on the fence about this day... DO IT! You won't regret it - except for maybe the addiction of wanting to go out to track events every weekend.

Supras Invade Las Vegas The Largest Supra Event on the Planet! http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v04

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

*** URGENT *** We need your help! This year's road course is going to cost us $10,600 for the day. This means we MUST sell all 80 spots or we will be forced to cancel this activity and lose our $2500 deposit. If we must cancel this activity it will not return to the schedule in 2006. If you would like to verify the cost of the track day this year you are welcome to contact our track event management group and find out for yourself. Please help spread the word about this great activity and help get people to register so we can fill our available slots.

s14brent
Car: 07frontier 4x4 6spd!

wow 80 spots?! how much track time are we going to get each. i saw $165, but what is the exact date? i'm pretty sure i'd do it, but i'd register maybe a month prior to the event.

Joe

whaa whaa i should have went rb whaa

now your planning more track events brent

and OH MY GOD THAT TRACK LOOKS ORGASMIC

also, this is a TRACK event right? not a DRIFT event? gonna have to move the thread when the road racing forum opens up soon, until then ill leave it here because im sympathetic to the vegas guys who have to drive everywhere to get to a decent event.

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

Sorry its taking me so long to reply guys its been a long weekend here. And as for schedule this is all you should need to know. Please remember that this event was originally intended for Supra's only but since allot of Supra guys are to touchy for there cars it has now opened up to every one be it a GEO to a Mustang! So here's the event times and schedule. Schedule of Activities

Wednesday October 12

TBA Scenic Drive presented by

Thursday October 13

7:30am High Performance Lapping Day presented by <<------This is the one you want guys!!!

TBA Supra p0ker Series presented by

Friday October 14

TBA Show-and-Shine presented by

6pm Test-and-Tune Drags unofficial

TBA MkII Gathering unofficial

Saturday October 15

TBA Dyno Challenge presented by

TBA Dyno Invitational 6:00 pm Drag Showdown presented by

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

Kamin wrote:OH MY GOD THAT TRACK LOOKS ORGASMIC

also, this is a TRACK event right? not a DRIFT event? gonna have to move the thread when the road racing forum opens up soon, until then ill leave it here because im sympathetic to the vegas guys who have to drive everywhere to get to a decent event.
The Track is in fact BIG!!! 4. something miles long!!! We will be having lots of fun!!! And yes this event is a track day. Not for drifting but power sliding is OK within reason.

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

s14brent wrote:wow 80 spots?! how much track time are we going to get each. i saw $165, but what is the exact date? i'm pretty sure i'd do it, but i'd register maybe a month prior to the event.
As far as track time gos its Noobs on one side and experts on the other side of the track in the morning so you be out there most of the time. But come the after noon every one will be out on the track!!! Plz remember not to push your self too much or you may end up busting up your baby or someone elses baby! Or worse yet hurt your self in the event wicth we do not want to happen at all!

And Price is $150! not $165. And plz remember to put your self in the correct area of driveing skill.
Modified by TRD_83_SupraDrifter at 1:23 PM 7/25/2005

sil beer s13
Car: Kumori SPL S14

I went to a supras invade vegas a while back.

I dont think the whole track was open.

But i was fun. They let us drift.

s14brent

i might go just because....if they let us drift even better =)

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys. This is your last chance. All you guys that wait for the last minute... this is it.

Here's the deal. I need to show some significant progress on getting these slots sold or we will be forced to cancel the entire thing (all registrations are 100% refundable in the case of a cancellation.

We are just 2 weeks away from our safest cancellation date - one that has a 50/50 chance of getting our deposit back - so I am laying this down.

IF WE DO NOT REACH 60 PRE-SOLD REGISTRATIONS BY END OF DAY AUGUST 8, 2005 WE WILL HAVE TO CANCEL THE TRACK DAY AND TRY TO GET OUR DEPOSIT BACK.

We currently have 13 paid participants. That means we only need 47 more people to step forward and stop procrastinating.

Please note: If we cancel the track day this year it will never return to the SILV schedule.Also note: If we do not get the deposit back we will have to scale the whole event back to absorb the costs.

If you doubt the fun of driving on a dedicated track do some quick math.

Take the fun of driving the best local twisty road at speedSubtract the worry about the local law enforcement sitting around the next corner waiting for youSubtract the risk of having Mildred pull out in front of you as you come flying around the corner and not having enough time to stopNow multiply that end result by 100 for enjoying a dedicated track day along with other Supra owners - and non-Supra owners.

Or you can ask anyone that has been bitten by the Road Course bug already. Hell... Chris Wick is coming down this year just for the road course and he said he would never make that drive down.

Come on guys. Help me out here

On August 9th I ship out the letter of cancellation unless we hit 60 prepaid participants and then start issuing refunds to those people that have already paid.

Don't let them down either.

http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v05/road.asp

Once we reach 60 participants we will keep registrations open until we hit 80 or we leave for Vegas.

jiinkz

Hint: post on az240sx.org

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

Thx for the heads up!

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

We're at 24 paid. Still a ways to go though.

SupraSport has stepped up and offered a 10% off coupon for all paid road course participants.

We are also offering a raffle for the first 52 paid participants. The winner to be drawn at the track will receive $200 CASH!

For complete details visit http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v05/road.asp

If we don't get 60 paid by the EOD on Monday August 8 we will be forced to cancel the track and try to get our deposit back. If we have to cancel this year we will never coordinate another track day as a part of the annual Supras Invade Las Vegas event.

If you are even considering this but are worried about doing damage please note that you will be driving and only have to push as hard as you feel comfortable. This is NOT a race.

The track is open to any vehicle - as long as it can pass a basic safety inspection.

TRD_83_SupraDrifter

Can someone move this over to the other area plz and thank you.

s14brent

today's the 8th. is this a go still, or has it been cancelled?

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”