TPS Problems?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Juan A
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Hey guys, I picked up a brand new 2009 Nissan Rogue two nights ago and the car has been at the dealer the last two mornings in a row. The TPS light keeps coming on in the dash. It happened the first night I drove it off the lot. I took it into Santa Maria Nissan and they told me it just needed to be reset as the car had after market wheels on it (these were dealer installed along with tint). When I purchased the car I told them I did not want the wheels so they removed them and supposedly they reset the TPS system at the time.

So, I got in the car this morning and low and behold, the TPS light was on once more. I am now extremely frustrated and am coming to you to see if this has been an on going problem with this car. I do not think it unreasonable to expect a new car to not have warning lights going off on a daily basis. The car is currently at the dealer where they are once again checking it out.

Anyone experienced this? I would appreciate any info you all may have.

Juan

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

It's possible that the sensors aren't synced correctly, or that you possibly have a faulty sensor.

Have the dealer look at it.

Juan A
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Well, like I said in my original post, it was at the dealer yesterday and it was there again today.

Update, the dealer today says that they have no idea why the light keeps tripping on. They hooked it up to the computer and they could not find out any info, so they are stumped. They told me to take it and see if it happens again. All in all very frustrating.

Anyone having these problems?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Put at least 37 psi in your tires (I would say 40) and see if the light is still on.

If this is the case, the sensors are faulty.Otherwise, the sensors drifted a bit and that is why the light is on at 33 psi.

BTW, I drive my car with tires pressure at 42-43 psi with no problem at all, doing a lot of highway, so don't worry about it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”