TPMS with tire sealant?!?!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
EgNyTeR
Car: Rogue SL AWD

I was unfortunate enough to run over nail today and now I need to have my tire repaired tomorrow morning. I decided to add some of tire sealant until I'm able to goto the tire shop in the morning. Does anyone know if those off the counter tire sealants would effect the TPMS in any way? Have I damaged it or can the tire shop just clean the inside of the tire and plug the hole and everything will be okay again?

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I had read in the manual that sealant will damage the TMPS. I had a flat tire recently, my thought was like yours, but after reading the manual, I put the spare tire on for 2 days

Rogueman
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I ran over 2 nails in the past months and i brought it to the dealer thinkin that my tires is covered :D and they did repaired it for free, sealing it with the same stuff you see in shops

EgNyTeR
Car: Rogue SL AWD

Alright guys, thanks for your responses. . . I've done some more research (only after I've added the tire sealant) . . . from the many other forums that I've read up on, almost 90% of the responses out there say it's bad for your TPMS if you do decide to add the tire sealant. With that said, I was able to drive my car to the closest tire repair shop (very well known and highly respectable. . .Kal Tires in Canada) and asked them the same question. Many of them weren't really sure if there would be any effect from adding the sealant. All they can confirm is that they hate that stuff cause it's messy and they have to clean it. Now my tire is fully patched up and the TPMS still works flawlessly. . . there you have it folks. . . I added tire sealant to a tire with TPMS and everything appears to be normal. We'll see if there are any long term effects but for now, it's all god

Return to “Rogue Forum”