TPMS

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
nyjohn

So the temperature dropped below 32F today and as I was pulling out of my parking spot this AM, the TPMS warning light came on. I checked the pressure of all tires and none were below 30 psi. I added a few psi to each tire but the warning light remains on. Anybody have any suggestions or do I have to make a trip to the dealer?

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

The same thing happened to me just yesterday. The light was on the whole way home. When I got home I decided to put some more air in. (it was at about 30, and went up to 37 since the Rogue recommended 33, and the tires said 44) After I did that, I drove it for a bit, and the light went off. Remember that for the light to go off after putting air in the tires, you must be going over 16 mph. I did a short trip just down the neighborhood street, 0.25 mile to one end, and 0.25 mile back. Got up to 30mph each time. On the return trip, the light went off.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Yup - good call. Fill the tires up to at least 33 psi cold, and then drive the car around for a little bit - the system won't recognize the change unless you're goint 16 mph. A quick drive around should do the trick.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I'm having the same problem as the OP. My light came on a couple days ago, so this morning I filled the fronts to 40 and the rears to 37; the light finally went off after hitting the highway for 15 minutes, but then in the afternoon it came back on and has since stayed on, even though I made a return trip on the highway of about 30 minutes averaging 65mph. I noticed this morning that my front tires were only about 3 psi lower than my last fill and my left rear one was also about 2 psi lower than my last fill, but my right rear tire was down to 25psi. While I may have a slow leak in that tire, I don't see how it could drop down below 30 in just a few hours--that's not a slow leak, that's a fast one. If I had a fast leak, I'd have been way under 25psi since my last fill! I guess I'll check that one wheel again tomorrow morning to see where it's at, but this is really perplexing to me.

-Ed

nyjohn

Thanks for the info. I filled all tires to 35psi and the light went out (and I didn't even have to drive it!?)

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Mine took two days to went on when I put my winter tires without TPMS.At first, I thought this thing was not working.

But now, it flashes for several seconds and stay on afterward every time I start the car.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I think something weird is going on with your over-sensitive TPMS. I set my tires to the recommended 32 psi, don't ever check it or adjust pressure, and it is now very cold here, around -15 celcius in the morning, and I've never had the TPMS light come on. This light shouldn't come on unless you drop down to like 25 psi according to the manual, it's not intended to be a super-sensitive system that comes on every time you drop a couple psi, it's only supposed to alert you to major drops in tire pressure that would cause a safety issue.

If you're having to overinflate your tires in order to get your TPMS light to go out, and minor psi changes such as when it gets cold cause the light to come on, I'd mention it to the dealer and get them to fix it. Other Rogue owners such as myself don't have this sensitivity problem, and according to the manual your system is not operating within the designed spec.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

kerrton wrote:I think something weird is going on with your over-sensitive TPMS. I set my tires to the recommended 32 psi, don't ever check it or adjust pressure, and it is now very cold here, around -15 celcius in the morning, and I've never had the TPMS light come on. This light shouldn't come on unless you drop down to like 25 psi according to the manual, it's not intended to be a super-sensitive system that comes on every time you drop a couple psi, it's only supposed to alert you to major drops in tire pressure that would cause a safety issue.

If you're having to overinflate your tires in order to get your TPMS light to go out, and minor psi changes such as when it gets cold cause the light to come on, I'd mention it to the dealer and get them to fix it. Other Rogue owners such as myself don't have this sensitivity problem, and according to the manual your system is not operating within the designed spec.
Do you mean me? It's acting fine, now; we're not sure exactly what happened, but it's okay at the moment. I don't inflate above recommended to keep the light off, I inflate above recommended because I prefer the sharper response and slightly improved fuel economy. I also do it because I run lower profile than stock tires.

-Ed

Return to “Rogue Forum”