TPMS Sensor Connector Location

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
sanchezm
Car: 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe - Base Model

I own a 2006 Nissan 350Z coupe base model, with 6-speed manual transmission. I need help finding the mysterious "Tire Pressure Warning Check Connector" for the TPMS Sensors. I'm told it is a single white colored wire attached to a white female connector. I have searched online and on several Nissan forums with no luck. Many have stated where it is on their vehicle, but I look in these places and can't find it. Some have said it's under the dash near the data link connector and others have said it was on the passenger side way up under the air bag dash cover. It seems to me that Nissan would have made this connector easily accessible, especially for their technicians to find at the dealership. I replaced a bad TPMS sensor in one wheel and now want to reset/relearn the tire pressure for each tire. But cannot find this dang connector? If anyone knows the true location of this connector for a 2006 or newer 350Z I would be most grateful. Please give a detailed description, with photos if possible. Thank you.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Take a look at the link in my signature and find the FSM for your car and you'll have all the info you'll ever need to make the repair and try to diagnose it for yourself while help is on the way.

sanchezm

Thank you Rogue One for the information regarding the factory service manuals. That is one of the first places I went after becoming a member of this forum. Glad to see that information like this is out there for the DIYers. I finally found the connector I was looking for after looking through a portion of the service manual. It was tucked up under the airbag cover on the passenger side of the vehicle. Had to partially remove the cover to see it and get to it. Now all I have to do is go through the reset/relearn process for my TPMS sensors. There are several similar methods posted out on the web, some are different with little tweaks to try. Seems that the method don't always work the same for everyone depending on make, model, or year. I tried a method posted on the My350Z.com forum yesterday at home and it not work for me. I will try other methods I learned of soon.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I used the same instructions and found them a bit vague in some areas and over detailed in others. Also the first time I did it they picked up more quickly using old sensors than the second time where i was using new sensors. IIRC

before you begin, set the drivers rear tire to 28psi or there about, now work your way around the car in a counterclockwise manner making each tire 2psi higher than the last
1.ground the lead, then start the car
2.ground and unground the lead off and on until the tpms light is blinking
3.unground the lead
4.drive around at 40+ mph for a few minutes

First time I did this I used used nissan sensors and it didn't take long, second time I used new aftermarket sensors and it took a good 10 minutes of driving, and I was ready to give up when they suddenly started working

sanchezm

Thank you for the information evildky. I tried several times with no success before reading your post and finally just went to Discount Tire as some others had suggested. They reprogrammed my vehicle for free and did it all within 5 minutes total. I drove away and when I hit 25 mph all four sensors were displaying just fine. Then I drove the car two days later and another sensor went bad. Warning light is flashing again for a minute, then on solid. This time it's another sensor that's gone bad. I've read that when one goes, the rest are soon to follow. I will just replace the other three and get it over with. They are the originals and lasted 10 years, so it is time. Do you think the aftermarkets are the way to go then. I replaced the first one with a new Shrader brand I bought on Ebay for $37. If aftermarkets will work I'll save some money and go that route. What brand did you buy?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I had purchased a spare set of wheels with sensors so I was initially just swapping parts around, after the second round of failure I bought a new pair and replaced both rears, it was only one that was failing but as you said these are old parts and they depend on an internal battery and eventually they just die,I bought VDO brand on amazon. I'm a fan of one touch prime order and the ease fo returns, I'm sure I could have found cheaper it was just easy.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Speaking of easy, you could always fork out the cash for an ATEQ Quickest TPMS reset tool and save some time and headache. They're not cheap (usually $100-ish) but it's a lot faster than I do usually tweaking tire pressures, going for a drive and hoping it all works out.

Agree about the non-oem sensors too. Don't know why but they're not as responsive (for lack of a better word) as the actual Nissan/Infiniti sensors are. They sure are a lot cheaper though.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”