TPMS reset on 2011 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
carljball
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue AWD

Hi,
Sorry if this has been posted before. I did due diligence using search forums but could not find an answer to my question that is specific to a Rogue so I am starting a new thread that hopefully lands in the Rogue specific forum.

Can anyone confirm the location of the TPMS reset connector in a 2011 Rogue?

I've seen George Melnik's video and it gives me hope that I can reprogram the TPMS without taking it to a dealer. The magic white wire and connector does not appear to exist on this vehicle in the location shown in the video. It has been suggested that this connector may be buried in a wiring loom and I will gladly take a razor blade and surgically open wiring looms but only if I know I will find it. I get the feeling it may be in a different location on this vehicle.
-Carl

carljball

32 views and no reply. I take it that the reset trick does not work on a Rogue.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

You seemed perturbed. :spitout:

I think you lost us when you mentioned razor blade and surgically.

That’s when most of us would not reply so we don’t seriously mess up your vehicle by saying the wrong thing. :whistle:

With that said, I too did the other hack where you take a paper clip to reset the tpms when I tried to fix mine.

Cuz it went out of wack and started to blink.

Well THAT didn’t work for me, so I said the hell with it and went to Discount Tire that installed my tpms from eBay.

They fixed it in less than 10 min and never had a problem since. Let the pros deal with it and less heartache. :ohno:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

carljball wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:32 pm
Hi,
Sorry if this has been posted before. I did due diligence using search forums but could not find an answer to my question that is specific to a Rogue so I am starting a new thread that hopefully lands in the Rogue specific forum.

Can anyone confirm the location of the TPMS reset connector in a 2011 Rogue?

I've seen George Melnik's video and it gives me hope that I can reprogram the TPMS without taking it to a dealer. The magic white wire and connector does not appear to exist on this vehicle in the location shown in the video. It has been suggested that this connector may be buried in a wiring loom and I will gladly take a razor blade and surgically open wiring looms but only if I know I will find it. I get the feeling it may be in a different location on this vehicle.
-Carl
:wavey:
Did you check the Factory Service Manual?

carljball

The wiring harness is encapsulated in a hard harness loom protector, kind of like a plastic shell wrapped in electrical tape. The easiest way to peel that back that I am aware of is to carefully use a razor blade or utility knife. If by any chance the TPMS reset wire is buried inside that shell I'd like to know where exactly it is so I don't unnecessarily open all of the harness under the steering column and fuse block. It is interesting to me that you have the same general car and you found the wire. I'd like to know where you found it. Was it on the left side near the ODB-II port? Was it originally completely hidden? Buried inside a wiring loom?

dihorul
Car: Nissan Rogue

I have a 2011 Rogue S Krom, and I had to change two Tire Pressure Sensors, so I need to register them. I was looking for the TPMS interface plug, the white, one wire plug, but I can't find it anywhere under the steering wheel or under the glove compartment. Does anyone know where it is located?
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

tedc wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 pm
OK, so this is an issue since you purchased it. All makes sense now. I use the Autel TS401 with the ATEQ Quickset. I suggest you have a tire shop program the new sensors to match what is already stored in the ECM. They can read the TPMS IDs from the ECM and program two new TPMS valves with those IDs. If they use non-programmable TPMS valves, then those IDs need to be written to the ECM for the correct tire locations. Remember what I shared above, just because the dash shows rear tires, that can be misleading.

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I just did this on an 09 Altima which is the same thing as what your dealing with. That plug is there. Mine was in the ball of tape. I used the scissors my wife uses to trim the dogs paws which are very pointed and sharp. I just started on the loosest end and carefully snipped the tape versus taking a chance of slicing into a wire with a blade. Once I found the plug it took a couple tries to get the light to flash but once it did all was well.

Return to “Rogue Forum”