TPMS Re-learn on a 2015?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mpscotia

I have searched the forum and didn't really find the answer I was looking for, so thanks for your patience.

We purchased used winter tires with rims and TPMS sensors (from someone getting rid of their '16 Rogue, so the sensors should be compatible) and through some googling and YouTubing I found the TPMS re-learn procedure for Nissan vehicles, but those procedures don't seem to apply to a '15 Rogue.

Any thoughts on how to get my '15 to go into re-learn, or is that dealer only on later models?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

If you can't find a way to do it youself.

An affordable place to get your tpms programmed is at discount tire if one is near you.

They over 50% cheaper than other places.

Bought new sensors myself from eBay.

mpscotia

It's not really a question of affordability, it's more of "can I do this myself", then it's a question of "what changed so we can't do it ourselves compared to previous years".
;)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Search keyword - TPMS.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

mpscotia

The search never gave me the answer I was looking for, unfortunately. Luckily I was able to tinker this afternoon.

I had purchased an inexpensive Nissan TPMS re-learn tool from Amazon and it didn't seem to work when I first got it. The tool doesn't give any feedback on whether it worked or not (it only has a green light to say it's on). I pressed the button around each valve and hoped for the best.
After I did that on all four rims, with no feedback or indication anything was different, I took the Rogue out for a spin and a few hundred meters down the road the pressures started to show up.

SO from my quick experience cheap TPMS re-learn tool from Amazon works AND a '14+ Rogue seems to go into a re-learn mode automatically.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Thank god.

This tpms crap is hit and miss.

And another reason for dealerships to make money off you.

chunt5
Car: 2018 Rogue SV

mpscotia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:04 pm
The search never gave me the answer I was looking for, unfortunately. Luckily I was able to tinker this afternoon.

I had purchased an inexpensive Nissan TPMS re-learn tool from Amazon and it didn't seem to work when I first got it. The tool doesn't give any feedback on whether it worked or not (it only has a green light to say it's on). I pressed the button around each valve and hoped for the best.
After I did that on all four rims, with no feedback or indication anything was different, I took the Rogue out for a spin and a few hundred meters down the road the pressures started to show up.

SO from my quick experience cheap TPMS re-learn tool from Amazon works AND a '14+ Rogue seems to go into a re-learn mode automatically.
Thanks for the really good information. I was very curious about the TPMS reset procedure on the later Nissan models.

mpscotia

As an additional FYI: it was the ST-TP V2 that can be found on Amazon or AliExpress for around ~$30-$35US (it was only $39.99 in Canada, so that's a different exchange rate than I'm used to!).
It has horrible reviews but A> it was the only one I could find that mentioned Nissan and B> you will find the occasional person that says it works, which is why I took the plunge. Plus I knew Amazon would return it if it didn't work.

mpscotia

Unpleasant update: When we turn off the Rogue it loses the sensor readings and I have to use the tool for them to show up again. Now I'm stumped. :( What reason would the sensors show up fine for the duration of the drive and then be lost again when you turn your vehicle off?

chunt5
Car: 2018 Rogue SV

mpscotia wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 am
Unpleasant update: When we turn off the Rogue it loses the sensor readings and I have to use the tool for them to show up again. Now I'm stumped. :( What reason would the sensors show up fine for the duration of the drive and then be lost again when you turn your vehicle off?
Take a look at this procedure. It looks like you have to store the registration to save it. It mentions pushing the "end" button.
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/articl ... gue-select

Return to “Rogue Forum”