TPMS question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

My daughter has a 2009 Rogue SL.
The tire pressure light is on all the time and when I put my Autel MK 808 on it, it says 2 tires has no signal.
So I bought 4 SCHRADER 29166 Programmed; Adjustable Metal Valve (Clamp-In) 315 MHZ . - from RockAuto.

The guy I talked to that he will put it in for $10 each said he is not sure he can program it, since he is not familiar with Schader.
I said RockAuto said it as programmed and anyone should be able to program it.

Lets say he cannot do that. Will my Autel MK808 do it? I see it has a TMPS section, but it is new to me and I am learning as I go along.
What about having him install it, but I take it somewhere else just to have someone reset the TMPS?

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

You need the ID of each SCHRADER sensor and relearn them into the ECU via the OBD2 port.
Each sensor will have the unique ID printed on them. If already installed under the tires, a tire shop can read them with a TPMS reader.
According to my google search your MK808 has "TPMS sensor relearn" function, so you just need the ID and relearn them to the ECU.

FWIW, I always have troubles with the RA Shrader TPMS sensors, only half of the one I got work for me.

Rockhoundrob

well dang it...
I thought Schader was a a decent brand.

I guess I will find out tomorrow!

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

So did I when I purchased them. Ordered 5 for my 2008 Toyota HL winter set, 1 failed to work so I got a replacement. Couple months later 2 more gave out.
Too much work to try Shrader again, going to get some OEM this summer.
I may try the Autel cloneable sensors since I have the MS508, that way I won't have to relearn the ECU every winter/spring season.

FWIW, I have TPMS sensors in my Rogue winters from Tire Rack (not sure of brand), been good for the past 5 years.

Rockhoundrob

Well all 4 are installed and so far they work.

The only question left is how long they will last.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Rockhoundrob wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:30 pm
Well all 4 are installed and so far they work.

The only question left is how long they will last.
Do post back if they give you trouble. In general, Schrader has forgotten more about tire tech than most of us will ever know, but there was also a time when you could say that about Bosch with ABS. If Schrader is going in the consumer-retail toilet like Bosch did, a lot of people will want to know it, myself included.

Rockhoundrob

will do. If these last more than 5 years, I'd say that was OK.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Here’s my experience with my 2009 Rogue.

This occurred back in the summer of 2018. I just bought some tires for our 2006 LexusIS250 at NTB.

Since I was a repeat customer, I asked if they could do a free install of some tpms sensors on my Rogue because they were going bad. They wanted to charge me $25 per tire. Um nope.

Went to Discount Tire where they only charged me $10 per tire. So I got my sensors installed there. They will also patch up a tire for free as good will hoping to someday make you a customer. I actually got a tire patch for free even before I bought tires from this establishment. Only reason I was at crummy NTB is because I previously bought tires there long ago when it use to be Merchant Tires.

Anyways, my tpms were some cheap oem Schradar type sensors from EBay and are still working today.

This was summer of 2018, so if you do the math, it’s been going an almost good 5 years. I expect them to last as long as my originals which was almost a decade and hopefully till the end of my Rogue’s life. Hopefully, mine was from a good batch.

DerrickOlley
Car: 2017 Nissan LEAF

itsa300zx wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:46 am
You need the ID of each SCHRADER sensor and relearn them into the ECU via the OBD2 port.
Each sensor will have the unique ID printed on them. If already installed under the tires, a tire shop can read them with a TPMS reader.
According to my google search your MK808 has "TPMS sensor relearn" function, so you just need the ID and relearn them to the ECU.

FWIW, I always have troubles with the RA Shrader TPMS sensors, only half of the one I got work for me.
I have the same constant problems with TPMS RA Shrader sensors! You just have to shop more and choose better sensors!

Return to “Rogue Forum”