TPMS After Eibach Drop

All things Altima Coupe.
nismofool
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe '08 3.5SE

1st off, what happened? i'm fine with the change with the forums, i'll manage.

2nd, i got my eibach pro-kits installed yesterday, and then went over to a friends house for a bbq. Later that night i hopped in the car, and my TPMS was on. Today i went to the gas station and checked all four tires' pressure, and they were all fine, and the light is still on...is this normal?

Loop
Car: only nissan cars

TPMS might not be in the correct spot when they put your wheels back on. Meaning your front left wheel might be on the rear left or vice versa.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

I "heard" that once the wheels are taken off, the light may come on. It's stupid, but that's what I "heard". Don't know how true it is though. I think it may be a way for Nissan to milk some extra dough out of us unsuspecting folk.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Loop wrote:TPMS might not be in the correct spot when they put your wheels back on. Meaning your front left wheel might be on the rear left or vice versa.
What? that doesn't make sense. I've already had my wheels cross rotated (back to the fronts and the fronts to the back but opposite sides) and my TMPS sensors has never went on. They only go on when the pressure drops to 25lbs. It just stinks that it doesn't tell you what tire has the low pressure.

nismofool

i'm lost

Loop

dangeris wrote:
What? that doesn't make sense. I've already had my wheels cross rotated (back to the fronts and the fronts to the back but opposite sides) and my TMPS sensors has never went on. They only go on when the pressure drops to 25lbs. It just stinks that it doesn't tell you what tire has the low pressure.
Did nissan rotate for you?

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense but that's what I've heard. I wouldn't know first-hand because I replaced my wheels when my car was like one month old and I've had my TPMS light on ever since. It doesn't bother me anymore. Now you have to take it into Nissan and since you "modified" your car, they may actually charge you for diagnosis. Hopefully not, but you know how it goes.

nismofool

i didnt rotate my tires... man this makes me feel a lil annoyed, i hate seeing that lil light haha

Loop

My TPMS light went on when I accidentally put my rear wheels on the front and my front wheels on the rear. Now that I switch it back, my TPMS went off.

Q: I'm buying some new wheels. What do I need to do to keep the Tire Pressure Monitoring System working properly? A: You need to get the sensors moved from your old wheels to your new wheels. It won't require re-programming if you take care to move the sensors to the same position on the car that they came from. That is, FL to FL, FR to FR, RL to RL and finally RR to RR. You have to have the tires dismounted from the old wheels to get the sensors out of them. Then install them on the new wheels before mounting the new tires.

nismofool

does it mean its time for me to rotate my tires? i'm at 7,200 miles

Loop

Yeah, you can rotate them.

nismofool

and the light will go off?

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Loop wrote:Did nissan rotate for you?
Nope, my buddy who owns a Monro Brakes and Mufflers did the rotation.

Loop

I honestly don't know, I am just going off my experience with my wheels. My wheels can only be rotated front to back because of its tire direction.

Loop

dangeris wrote:
Nope, my buddy who owns a Monro Brakes and Mufflers did the rotation.
Ah I see. I don't know then because my TPMS went on when the wheels were moved and went off when I put it back to its original spot.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Forgot to mention this in my previous post, But I helped the guy swap the tires too so I know that the tires were cross rotated.

nismofool

so what do you guys think? you think when the shop installed my springs, they mixed up the wheels? or, is it just telling me to rotate (kinda doubt it)

on this threadhttp://forums.altimas.org/zerothread?id=317954

if you look at the bottom "godshift" mentions that each tire has its own code, so if the tires are mismatched, wont my sensor go off? i just dont know what to do rite now lol

Loop

nismofool wrote:so what do you guys think? you think when the shop installed my springs, they mixed up the wheels? or, is it just telling me to rotate (kinda doubt it)

if you look at the bottom "godshift" mentions that each tire has its own code, so if the tires are mismatched, wont my sensor go off? i just dont know what to do rite now lol
Thats what I am trying to say, they might be in the wrong position.

But then Dangeris, proved me wrong.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

nismofool wrote:so what do you guys think? you think when the shop installed my springs, they mixed up the wheels? or, is it just telling me to rotate (kinda doubt it)

If the reason is because they are mismatched, good luck trying to figure out what combination they belong in. I don't think they're marked LF, RF, RR, RL.

nismofool

i guess i'll have to deal with the light then....

Loop

Yeah, that would be hard to find which one it is, since the stock tires are non-directional(?). Mine are directional, so its easy to find out.

spockrock
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5se

Hmm.... when the dealership gave me my stock wheels, they put the winters on, but the stock wheels are not marked off in any way as fronts or rears.

generic808
10 Infiniti EX35

Then maybe the mismatching theory isn't true. I guess the only way to really find out is to take it in.

Loop

The mismatching theory is correct from my experience if you read my post.

prlwhitecoupe
Car: 2008 Pearl White Altima Coupe 2.5 S w/CVT & Premium Pkg.

Had my wheels rotated at 12,000kms and I didn't get the TPMS light. The dealership did it for me when I had an oil change. But they might have just reset it or something. I gotta say, all winter I never once got the TPMS warning, and I even had it checked from the dealership when my headliner was being fixed to see if it was even working. Apparently it is....meh...

johnd635
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5SE Super Black Premium

Isn't the tire pressure supposed to be the same for front and rear tires? If so then why would rotating the tires make any difference?

nismofool

not sure, my head is a big mess right now cuz of this small matter.i think i read across some thread before that i need a rotation after 7k miles or so, and the sensor might go off telling me to rotate em.

i also read, if you look above a couple posts, i also linked it as well to another thread where someone said each sensor has its own code.

w/e for now...that damn light will just be ignored best as possible.

kuhan
Car: 2008 350Z Enthusiast 6-speed

I have swapped my stock wheels with my 19" for a few times over last summer. My 19" wheels don't have TPMS, so the light was always on. But when i put the stock wheels with TPMS back, TPMS light disappeared. I have done this process a few times already with no problem. I don't think it is the wheel mismatch that's icausing the problem. I read somewhere that the spare tire could lose air and cause TPMS light to come on. Try to check your spare tire pressure.

windhaven
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE-CVT (Winter Frost/Blond) Full Load

Guys, in any situation when taking off the tires for a bit and out of range of the sensors (Whether for springs, new tires, or rotate the TPMS light __MAY__ go on. It is a function of range like you all have surmised. This happen especially when the pressure in the tire has been below spec.

The light should eventually go off. It's just a matter of time.

When I had my TPMS transferred to the new wheels and tires on my car TPMS was on for 2 days, then went off.

Did you turn on your car ignition (i.e. to listen to the stereo during install)? If so, this would have triggered the sensor, when it didn't see the tires (even if only one is off of the car), the TPMS system thinks there is an issue.

My suggestion, wait it out for a couple days, if it goes much longer go to the dealership for a reset (Whatever that involves).

-- Wind
Modified by windhaven at 9:14 PM 3/16/2008

nismofool

windhaven wrote:Guys, in any situation when taking off the tires for a bit and out of range of the sensors (Whether for springs, new tires, or rotate the TPMS light __MAY__ go on. It is a function of range like you all have surmised. This happen especially when the pressure in the tire has been below spec.

The light should eventually go off. It's just a matter of time.

When I had my TPMS transferred to the new wheels and tires on my car TPMS was on for 2 days, then when off.

Did you turn on your car ignition (i.e. to listen to the stereo during install). If so, this would have triggered the sensor, when it didn't see the tires (even if only one is off of the car), the TPMS system thinks there is an issue.

My suggestion, wait it out for a couple days, if it goes much longer go to the dealership for a reset (Whatever the involves).

-- Wind
thats what i plan to do

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”