Toyota Volta--it's a HYBRID!!! dayum...

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

gabossie
Car: Your mom

The Volta concept has been a hybrid from day one I thought (hence the name Volta)... it's one of the first real high performance hybrids.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly!!!!

Yuck!

That thing is fairly old news, though.

Basically what they did was take a beautiful Pugeot body style and "Toyota-ize" it to the point of ugliness.

OH, and by the way, if Toyota's making it, it WON'T be a performance hybrid. 404 horsepower? It won't make it to the wheels. And it will be through that abominable hybrid synergy drive, which is one of the most wasteful, inefficient, and unnecessarily complicated devices I've ever seen. Expect horrible throttle response, terrible powerband, very low torque, and a car that's heavy as hell. That doesn't add up to a performance car to me.

It'll be a quick-looking leadmobile that NEEDS all that power to move, not a light, agile sports coupe that has power to spare.

Can someone tell me if those numbers listed there are actual numbers that have been obtained from real runs in the car, or just Toyota "guessing?"

Also, the "three abreast" in the front (only?) row of seats? BAD. Think how cramped that'd be.

Yeah, another "Oh WOW" concept from Toyota that will be diluted to a "What the hell is that?" if it makes it to production. Sorry if I can't get excited.

Jesda

Looks interesting from certain angles. I, as well, expect Toyota to turn it into the automotive equivalent of a bingo parlor.

Repo Man

Damn, you guys hate everything don't you? Who pissed in your Cheerios? I'll be sure NOT to share anything anymore. Maybe I'll go start my own forum that's password protected and it'll be my own little KINGDOM!!!!

*repo runs away in a fit of hysterics*

Rex
Car: None

I think it's a nice change to think of green vehicles as performance cars.

But Repo, don't keep bringing "other" cars (this, the Saab, etc) into ... wait that's what others is really for, isn't it .

Repo Man

Rex wrote:But Repo, don't keep bringing "other" cars (this, the Saab, etc) into ... wait that's what others is really for, isn't it .
I know, I know, what hell was I thinking...

Jesda

On the subject of efficient exotics, I still want an NSX. Thank goodness people have been buying them new for double their actual worth. Theyre a FANTASTIC used bargain right now.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

welcome to last year Andy...when it was being called the next "supra" so was the 5000GT (goddamn Toyota...it should be that and not a Lexus)

on the subject of efficient exotics...I'd rather have an Elise...it's only gonna run about 10k more anyway...

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

repo man wrote:Damn, you guys hate everything don't you?
No, I can just tell an "attention getter" concept from a real potential production car. I also have zero faith in Toyota to build anything more than an overpriced grocery getter anymore. So blame Toyota for sucking on such a massive level lately.
repo man wrote:Who pissed in your Cheerios?
My cat.
repo man wrote:I'll be sure NOT to share anything anymore.
Damn. Um...Hey guys! This Toyota hybrid thing ROCKS! Repo always finds the coolest stuff!...um....

And on the subject of Saabs...did you ever post pics of your 'vert?
repo man wrote:Maybe I'll go start my own forum that's password protected and it'll be my own little KINGDOM!!!!
And you'll get to mod posts from all ONE of yourself! Sounds fun!
repo man wrote:*repo runs away in a fit of hysterics*
Watch out for the doo--never mind.
repo man wrote:
You need glasses, man?

Mr1der

yes! we ran andy off!

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Toyota will likely sell it as a Lexus if it ever goes into production. It would add excitement to a rather conservative lineup of cars (except for the IS300).

Jesda

Damn it, Andy. Whats the deal with the lack of Saab pics?

Mr1der

you think he knows GM builds a hybrid half ton truck that has 110 outlets in the bed?

outcastcat
Car: none

The cars performance could also be really good. Its not the pruis for sure. The electric motors will produce a good (or possibly HUGE) amount of Low end torque. Cause thats where they get the most of it, near 0 RPM. It would be a lot different drive, but it would be interesting. And they will probably haul it down in a hurry when braking (if not, u could aftermarket the brakes and it would stop in a hurry, because more than the brakes alone are slowing it down). Yes it could be heavier, and the 3 seat idea i dont see happening. Its a concept. But the idea is there. Plus it opens a whole world of electric modifications.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

outcast, I can't seem to find the questions that someone asked that you are answering. Electric mods? Its a concept...duh?

Return to “Others”