Towing with Murano? Tow a Travel Trailer??

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
rcfishy
Car: 2006 Murano SL

I have read many postings through searching, and I still feel mixed about my 06' Murano's towing ability for a travel trailer. The trailer is about 2,600 lbs unloaded and the tongue weight is 325. Even loaded it should be below the 3,500 max and 350 tongue weight.

Has anyone towed a travel trailer with the 1st Gen Murano? Not a pop up trailer, a 16 foot travel trailer. IS the wind and drag a beast to handle with the Murano?

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I never towed a travel trailer, but I did tow about 40 rolls of wet sod in my trailer, and it hauled that like it was cotton candy! LOL...........crazy thing was I was on a county highway averaging about 55mph, and I managed to get about 23mpg fuel economy! That was crazy!

BIGLex_Murano
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano SL

No problem trailering my 800 lbs. Custom Cruiser around Florida.
The trailer it's self weighs around 600 lbs.

Easy tow :biggrin:

At a Rest Stop up the Turn Pike...

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Nice photo play-by-play! LOL I like the rims!

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

Hey guys! I don't venture into this part of NICO very often, but I have a question for you guys!

I'm gonna be getting rid of one of my 240sx's soon and I wanna replace it with something more grown up, gets decent MPG and has a manly tow capacity. Naturally, I'm considering a Murano because I <3 VQ's!

The only thing I'm planning on occasionally towing anywhere would be my S13 back and forth to different shops and tracks. Even though the Murano's tow capacity is 3500 lbs, after reading this thread, I'm not sure if that's too close to call for a 2800 lbs 240sx on a tow dolly with an extra set of wheel/tires to burn in the back...

What do you guys think? Otherwise its Frontier/Xterra/F150 for me... :frown:

Oh, BTW... I'm looking at 1st gens... '03's specifically.

Return to “Murano Forum”