Towing with 2010 Ex35 journey?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Johnnydangerus
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD premium package tech package. Obsidian black; Tan. 18" stk Michilin Primacy a/s. Remote start.

Towing with 2010 Ex35 journey?

Postby Johnnydangerus » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:00 am

So I have an issue. I love my ex35 and been trying to find options to keep it but I'm deciding on traveling now due to having to sell house... Another story. Anyway towing any kind of camper is hard to find info on for the ex35. I so far can't find anything with bathroom under the 2500lbs I'd like. Any suggestions or should I just go with the FJ cruiser. I can honestly say I'd rather find away to make work. After having this car 1 year not one thing I don't like. I know the FJ will get it done n will work more for what I'm planning but man a little scamp or toy hauler with a matching paint job would be tits. Lol. If anyone has experience or could suggest a set-up. Some limits for the ELTRAM I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Johnnydangerus
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD premium package tech package. Obsidian black; Tan. 18" stk Michilin Primacy a/s. Remote start.

Re: Towing with 2010 Ex35 journey?

Postby Johnnydangerus » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:11 am

Ok so I've been trying to see what difference there is between the Ex35 and first gen an 2gen fx35 along with the qx series when it comes to towing an the only t hi g I can come up with really is 15ft lbs of torque? Body's are a little different but not sure where that will come into play? If it's the transmission I'll take the 5 speed over the cvt 7 an just use manual mode guessing it will work just fine. I'm only going to tow under 3k an if the jx, fx, can the ex should be able I belive. I'll have the fluids changed shocks n breaks checked of course. I guess Uhaul will install a class 3 hitch on a 2010 fx35 so I'll see if I can have them I stall it on my EX. Same place put my tires on. I think I said before I'm only looking at pop ups an fiber glass trailer so nothing to heavy. Still loomimg for anyones experience?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 Forum”