towing my 05 armada with rv

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
api3517

I have an 05 armada se 4x4 automatic. i want to tow it behind my rv. what do i need to know or purchase. i know they make a drive shaft disconnect and transmission oil pump they sell besides the tow bar itself. i need help please respond.ThanksAl

CPS

You would have to disconnect both the front and rear driveshafts and I know of no company that makes disconnect kits for an Armada. If you did find someway to disconnect both driveshafts then you wouldn't need a transmission pump as the only thing spinning would be the actual axles.

You would be much better off just buying a trailer for the Armada. Then, in the future, you would only be buying vehicles instead of disconnect kits for different types of vehicles.

On 2WD Nissans you could tow it on a car dolly, but regardless as to whether you had driveshaft disconnects or not you still have to stop and drive the vehicle every 300 miles or so, as it leaves the pinion bearing in the rearend oil-starved and anything further than that can create a situation where you burn up the rearend.

This is why people with RV's end up keeping their old Saturns forever because they can be towed flat with nothing done to them at all.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”