towing a trailer with m35x

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
numennc
Car: 2010 Infiniti M35X sedan

In trying to find a reasonable tow hitch for the M35x 2010, ive discovered that it seems to appear hat (best guess here) Nissan decided to reutilize the chassis design for the M#%/M45 for the Q50 and so on variants. Is this even close?
I am attempting to create a proper trailer hitch, and in my limited research, which consists of comparing a few youtube videos to the underside of my car, I'm almost willing to bet on this M35 being adaptable easily to a Q50 tow hitch.
I havent gone further with this, just thought i'd see if anyone has attempted this - before i ship this, and am disappointed in my foolish guesswork.
Thanks everyone for your time, reading this.... I just don't wanna rent a truck to move, and would like my car to be a bit more utilitarian.
Stay healthy, everyone! Paul in upstate NY

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Hi Paul from Upstate NY. I'm Ilya from Upstate NY.

That being said, I do recall someone on here installing a hitch to tow his Jet Skii, but that was a long time and most people either don't comment that they did it or simply don't pursue it. You may have to be a bit of a pioneer here. The other option is to reach out to a tow hitch company like Curt and pick their brain. They have good customer service from what I have gathered.

numennc
Car: 2010 Infiniti M35X sedan

Thanks, that was my intention, because I really need dimensions before purchasing. Surprised at how much rust occurred after 2 winters here in NY state. Will hadta treat it somehow once I return to a no salt zone! Sheesh. Will let you all know how this tow hitch experiment turns out. Thanks again for your help!

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

Paul - I looked into it when I had my 2007 M35x. I wanted to have a hitch for a bike rack, but couldn't find a decent option. I then found one from Curt that fit my wife's Lexus ES350 and it took about an hour to install with no cutting, drilling, etc. I ended up going that route and bought a Kuat bike rack. After getting my Q70, I looked again and the option looks better, but it requires cutting plastic parts under the car to make it fit. On the Curt site it says: Installation Notes: No drilling required for installation, Underbody panel(s) and/or fascia must be temporarily loosened or removed, Trunk access required for hitch installation, Underbody trimming required (not fascia)

Here is a link that might help: m35-trailer-hitch-t523342.html

I end up using a trunk mounted Thule rack with my Infiniti M35

Kerry

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

I would like to see what options there are as well.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”