Towing a teardrop camper with a Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RockyRogue
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue S AWD

I have a 2020 Nissan Rogue S AWD, and from what I’ve looked up online, it’s rated to tow 1,102 lbs. Has anyone attempted to tow a (very small) camper trailer with their Rogue? I’ve found a couple teardrop camper models online that weigh in at right around 1,000 lbs dry weight, which seems like it would be cutting it close. I’m just wondering how realistic it would be to tow something like this with my Rogue, or if it would just be better to get a bigger car (if I decide to buy a camper, that is).

I’m interested in hearing anyone’s thoughts or seeing if people have towed something of similar weight with their Rogue. Thanks in advance!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You can do it, I have a few customers who tow with various Rogue MY's. Put a trans cooler on it and change the CVT fluid frequently, I advise 15~20K miles. Towing puts unique shear loads on the CVT belt (and hence the fluid) that don't happen from any other cause, so it eats the fluid up quickly.

Svtrit

Keep in mind you only have 102 lbs left for food, water, bedding, toys, etc. it’s at the max.

Return to “Rogue Forum”