Tough question for all you techies...Electronic Throttle Control Actuator NOISE!

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
csguy0
Car: 2004 G35 6MT

As some of you may know.. I have been fighting an awful noise coming through my after-market amplifier I just added to my 04' 6MT G35 coupe...

Before spending upwards of $100 to have a pro audio shop look at it I want to do some more investigation of my own.

I notice that when my car is in ACC mode (not on!) I hear a noise coming through my speakers... the same noise coming from my Electronic Throttle Control Actuator!

The best was to describe the noise is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP (the sounds doesn't stop unfortunately); it is rather annoying to hear this same noise coming through my speakers.

Hopefully you all can help...

By the way if some of you dont know, the Electronic Throttle Control Actuator is the last removable part in the intake path before you get to the plenum.

Thanks,

David

csguy0

Seriously! Someone put their head in their engine bay with the car on ACC! Tell me if you hear a noise!

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

csguy0 wrote:Seriously! Someone put their head in their engine bay with the car on ACC! Tell me if you hear a noise!
I did just that. Yep, a funny eeeeeeeeee sound that doesn't stop. Dunno what to say.

smockers83
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe

Well, going off your last thread about this when you said it happened only when your input wires were plugged in, you're picking up noise in those wires. Did you do anything to the stock head unit itself? You could be picking up noise through the head unit's ground and power wires. Did you look at the graphic I posted for you in your other thread? Instead of figuring what's causing the noise, you need to solve how the noise is being picked up because you can pick up noise from anything that produces an electric current (alternator, windshield wiper motors, blinkers, antenna, etc). If you don't properly wire your system and/or do so with poor quality cables, you're bound to pick up noise.

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Wouldn't this be a perfect time for a grounding kit?

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

Are you still using the factory wires?

If so, scratch that and rewire as suggested earlier.

Also, put a grounding wire set on, that will help with everything electrical in your car.

csguy0

Yes I am using factory wires... in my many steps of troubleshooting, I even ran a 4AWG power wire from my battery and a 4AWG ground wire to my chassis and still got the same noise. I am starting to think that is has to do with my Bose head unit. I am going to go tomorrow to Ultimate Audio in Orlando and see what they can do for me. I just dont understand why it make the noise with my amp(yes I tried 2 separate after market amps) and not with the Bose amp. Maybe it is because my amp(s) are at least 10 times more powerful than the Bose.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

it could be a signal feedback noise derived from the BOSE amp. Is it completely disconnected?

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”