Touch up paint

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

As I am sure all of the G35 owners know already, the paint chips really easy. I want to get some touch-up paint for a couple of spots on my front bumper.

My question is, Which should I use?

I was originally going to go to Infinit and buy a bottle of Infiniti touch-up to keep the same color. But since my car is red, I can pretty much find red touch-up paint anywhere. I also have read here somewhere that the turtle wax touch paint wax stuff kinda works.

Any suggestions? Any horror stories?

I am still leaning towards the Infinit paint, but I am sure it is going to be outrageous in price for a small little bottle.

Ryan

GMachine
Car: cars, camping, sports

I agree that the paint chips easily. I've got 5000km on my sedan and mostly hywy and at least 10 chips/marks on the bumper. Foolishly I only had the leading edge of the hood covered in the 3M clear film. That works great by the way, and now I'm getting the chips fixed with Infinit silver paint at Chippy Paint Restoration company. They advised that the best paint to use is the factory stuff, even though its more money, - it matches all the complex paint code ingredients whereas many times the aftermarket or generic paint doesn't. They will do the repairs and then I'm getting a complete one piece 3M film "bra" that is computer cut for the front of the sedans and coupes. Costs about $150 CDN dollars but will virtually eliminate the chipping!Go with the factory paint and have a professional use it with their system to fix the chips, - costs more but your rides looks are worth it!GMachine

2003.5 G35 5AT Aero SedanK&N FilterHyperGroundEdmonton, AB. Canada

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

I caught the heal of my dress shoes on the door getting in and blammo, got a chip. I bought a small touch up paint and just dabbed it and waxed it, can't tell where it was now.

ruacop2

All I can say is "you need a clear bra". While you are complaining about getting rock chips you could protect your investment with a clear bra. This is probably the only product that will increase your value of your car. How is that possible? Think about it. 40,000 miles and no chips on the front end.

We have the full kit for $350 and it covers the hood, bumper, fenders and mirrors. Which is the best advertised price on the net. We have several kits to choose from. Feel free to check our site out.

Super Dave

fine...fine...where is your site for the 3M bra?

Super Dave

nevermind......i saw it at the bottom of your post :D

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”