Touch screen/ hard drive have upgrade

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Zapb99
Car: 06 M45

Greetings, has anyone tackled the upgrade of a non touch dvd based nav on the 06 to the hard drive touch screen 08 version? Thanks.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome to the forum. I don't think I've seen this done before. We've had folks upgrade their system to the DVD version but not the screen...

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I reckon that when INfiniti added touch to the screen, it probably required a different harness and extra hardware as well. I doubt they are interchangeable. I never touch my screen. I just use the the old school controls. One of the things I really dislike about the lovely misses' Q60 is the plethora of finger smudges on the surface of the screen. I even gave her a microfiber towel to keep in the car so she can wipe the screen down. She has a laugh about it, but it seriously drives me mad!

Zapb99
Car: 06 M45

Reason for the enquiry is that grom make a rather awesome android aftermarket upgrade called the vline which integrates with all the controls on the head unit. However it's not available for 06 hardware, only 08 onwards.

Any ideas of the parts list needed to change over the entertainment system from the 06 to the 08? Reckon could find everything on ebay but no idea if the harnesses are different (maybe).

It looks like everything would fit physically though so sorta plug and play, just need to know which bits needed to plug..

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Zapb99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:26 pm
Reason for the enquiry is that grom make a rather awesome android aftermarket upgrade called the vline which integrates with all the controls on the head unit. However it's not available for 06 hardware, only 08 onwards.

Any ideas of the parts list needed to change over the entertainment system from the 06 to the 08? Reckon could find everything on ebay but no idea if the harnesses are different (maybe).

It looks like everything would fit physically though so sorta plug and play, just need to know which bits needed to plug..
Yep, I was the one who wrote the VLine HowTo for the Y51 and shared it on FB. Definitely an awesome piece of kit and probably the best $500 or whatever I spent on my car since owning it.

I think you're going to be the first to do this. You're likely not going to have much success unfortunately. Even people who tried to swap panels (with white/blue lighting) from the 08-10 into a 06-07 ran into issues with stuff like the climate controls not working or something, etc. I'm afraid that the electronics between the two cars are quite different...especially when you consider that stuff like the radio is even different (didn't the 08 introduce the CF card slot?).

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Yes. The 2008 - 2010 models have the CF slot. I use mine all the time. It works lightning fast with the head unit. I made folders on my comp and organized tracs alphabetically by artist. Using a card reader, I insert my CF and transfer them to it. The head unit allows me to search by song or artist, then plays them immediately. I add new tracs as I get them and I can't begin to guess how many tracs it can hold. I reckon I could, but haven't. I use an 8g card so mathematically I reckon maybe 2,000 tracs?
Unfortunately, in true Infiniti character, when they introduced the slightly smaller sized Ms in 2011, this feature was dropped - as well as tilting front headrests, rear theater system with reclining, temp controlled rear seats, rear armrest A/V controls, sliding front armrests, and the sleek sporty side mirrors. Sometimes I think I'm becoming a kurmudgeon in my later (30s) years! Seriously though, it seems Infiniti adds features that sets them above, and just when others begin to catch up, they drop those features and fall behind.
LOL, I still miss the bourbon leather interior of my 2007. At the time only Porsche, Audi, and Jag offered it. Then, soon as regular cars started with it, Infiniti dropped it. I think I need a cuppa tea to calm myself now LOL.

Alffie
Car: 2010 M35

Hey guys I just got a 2010 m35, so far I love everything about it except the dash screen. Its really dull to me especially in the day when the sun hits it. I adjusted the contrast and brightness but I'm still not satisfied. Any recommendations on a after market replacement?
Larz, I wanted one with bourbon seats, those are sick. I saw a few when I was looking. I hit up some of the people to see if it was for sale, some had already sold theirs and the others didnt respond.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”