Topless_S13's build

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Topless_S13
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible

The Full Back Story:
On 9/17/2015 I made the final decision to purchase my 1994 Convertible, that I just happened to randomly stumble across a couple of days prior to the initial purchase. I had recently sold my 1988 RX7 that happened to be a little more rotted away then I originally had thought. I had been wanting another S13 for quite some time but of course with living in northern Indiana, finding one unmolested and not rusted out wasn't an easy task. So a few days before I bought my car, I was driving my buddy to the bank so he could withdraw the remainder of the money to purchase a truck that was for sale down the road. Just as we were approaching the bank I happened to notice what looked to be a S13 sitting at an auto repair shop parking lot. After we left the bank my curiosity got the best of me and I had to stop for a closer look. So of course I immediately get out of my Jeep and take a quick walk around of the car, I quickly noticed the few dents on the passenger door, front fender, trunk and of course cracked back window. I figured no big deal right? Just some cosmetics. But after a closer look, I couldn't find any rust on the car. As I'm wandering around this poor neglected vert, the owner of the shop comes out to talk to us. He explains he took it in on trade with a bad water pump and that other then that it was a pretty solid car. I carry on about my day and later that night I go to work, still thinking about this S13 from earlier. So all the next day all I can do is think about this car, so after talking with my girlfriend about it again. She tells me to go look at it one more time to make sure that there's no hidden surprises like the RX7 had. After crawling around in the gravel lot for an hour and talking to the shop owner again, I finally decide to go home and sleep on it for one more night. The very next morning I drive down to the bank, take out the money, and drive back down to this auto shop for the 3rd time. After another thorough once over, I handed the shop owner the money and drive away in my new bone stock vert!

Current Status:
A few days after my purchase, low and behold the head gasket lets go! Big surprise on a KA24 right? So I decided to remove the KA along with the auto trans and part ways with the factory engine/drivetrain combo. As of right now the car is on the back burner due to us moving and the responsibilities of being an adult. Which is no fun at all right now. But when I get more time I will post plenty of pictures from the day I got her up until a couple weeks ago. Mostly all teardown pictures.

Topless_S13

The night before I purchased my car!

Topless_S13

The following night at the car wash!!

Topless_S13

A couple of weeks later after the head gasket let go, I stuffed her on a trailer and took her to my barn to start the tear down.

Topless_S13

What better place to put my 'Vert than next to my '69 Continental!

Removed the hood, air box, and other odds and ends...

Pulled the head off the block to find no good news.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”