???

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Dans Car

Last week my 03 maxima lights were stolen, i already got the car fixed but i don't want to be worring about the lights being stolen again....so im thinking about trading her for an I35. However, before i do that i just want to know if they are doing the same thing to the I35, are the lights being stolen as well ???

Thanks in advanceDANNY

Dans Car

Also, if you guys tell me that the lights are not being stolen and I get the I35, should i get it with or without the spoiler ??? Im questioning that cause i like it on the max, but im not a big fan of it on the I35.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Both lights are Xenons and simliarily easy to take out.There is a kit out to make them much harder to steal, I will link you soon when I find it.

Fred..:)

Dans Car

Yes, i know they both are similar, but my question is are they stealing the I35's lights as well. The reason they steal the maxmia lights (so i was told my the body shop) is cause the kit that makes the HID's work is in the housing of the max, however, the I35 does not have them inside the houseing. True or False, but back to another question i asked, does anyone know if they are also stealing them on the I35 ???

P.S. Fred, if u find that web site, post a link to it incase i keep the maxima.

ThanksDANNY

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

I'm not sure about the I35's but I heard that the entire headlight assembly on the 02 ad 03 Maxima fits perfectly in the 00 and 01 models, which is another reason they are popular for thieves.

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

What do people do with the stolen lights? DO they steal jsut the headlights or the entire HID assembly ( which is what I would assume one would do)?

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

1. Go with the spoiler. It adds 300% to the look of the car. Goes well with the rocker panels.3. The HID box is easy to steal in the I30/5, it is behind the plastic panel. Quick plug & play.4. I think the Maxima is more sought after, since it was a less-bought option, and there are more people out there wanting to upgrade to HID wiht Maxima's, than I35's.5. Don't park in a dark lot.

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

^ what do they do with the stolen lights?

JPRempe

^^ Put them into anything they want. The ballasts and bulbs are what they're after, and the anti-theft kit just adds 15 seconds more to the time to each Maxima headlight that's being stolen. They aren't being nice and opening the hood and unbolting the light assemblies...they are prying up the hood and breaking the tabs off and ripping everything out. Each light can be stolen in under 30 seconds (or under 45 with the anti-theft kit)...

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”