topic ripoff from Infiniti Gen: factory goodies on our cars

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Yeah, Wes, Jesda, and PMQ will recognize this. I was reading through Infiniti General and found a thread in which Q owners discuss their favorite "factory creature comforts"/lazy-a**-enablers. I saw many of them I've come to enjoy on the A34 (sixth gen Max) and thought maybe I'd make an "others" forum of that type. For all cars present...from 1der's Thunderchicken to the Laurel, what're you're favorite factory comfort options on your car?

Mine---

A34:

Seat/steering wheel gets out of my way (6'3" and I like the wheel low...makes getting out TONS easier)

The sun visors. I dunno if any of you have seen the A34 sun visors...it has three on each side. The big one, whic can fold down and unsnap to cover the side window, a slide that comes out of that big one to cover the center, and another that hides behind the big one to use when you've got the big one on the side window, so you've got 90 degree sun-blocking. VERY nice.

Heated seats/steering wheel. I'm almost always cold...under 80 and I'm too cold. But I can crank up the heated seat and wheel and it's nice. The wheel gets HOT! and the seats with two settings...always comfortable while driving the Max.

QUAD trip-odometers. Yep. Four. Two on the instrument cluster, and another two via the "information center" (we didn't get the nav system). Makes road trips fun, you can get all sorts of fun numbers from them.

The sound system controls on the steering wheel. As I said, I'm tall. I have the seat all the way back. Makes it so I have to sit forward to mess with the radio on the center console. But I've got those controls on the wheel, so I don't have to even move...I can be lazy--AND keep my hand on the wheel (while the other's on the manual shift-mode automatic).

J30:The keypads on the doors. Beautiful invention. FAR superior to keyless entry keyfobs since it's not more bulk in my pocket. I can roll down the windows, unlock the doors, pop the trunk, lock the doors, all from either front door. It's ALMOST (I DID say almost) worth the wimpier engine just for that...almost.

The locks on the J30 are well known for becoming fu*ked up in all sorts of wierd ways. At first, I found this annoying. But now it's nice. My locks are screwed up just perfectly, so that when I close the door, it causes all four to lock. That means if I forget to lock the car, everything's okay...the car does it for me. However, it another door is open, the locks are smart enough to pop back up and unlock--maybe not smart, but screwed up enough. Only downside is it only works from the driver's door--the one with the psycho solenoid.

I don't have the Bose system in the J30 (a good thing, from what I hear--although I have no complaints regarding the A34's Bose system). I've just got the standard Clarion with a tape deck--or it was until I popped my Pioneer P500 in there. The factory CD player took up two spaces vertically, but mine only took up one, so I've got this nice coin tray where the more expensive and "better" systems had nothing. I don't know what I'd do without that coin tray.

I'd list my favorite comforts from the Ranger as well...but it hasn't got any. Unless you count power steering.--------------------------------

that's my (very long) list. Whaddabout you guys/girls?

metalsyth
Car: 2001 Nissan Altima

Well the beast has none unless you count the removable top in the summer time as one.

Jesda

My Benz had the world's tightest turning radius and a nifty slide-open center console cover.

Both 929s and the 626 had oscillating motorized center vents, which were awesome.

The Sentra had... hmmm... AC, until the compressor died. Summer in Washington was weaksauce anyway.

I car-sat a Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest that had a nifty power driver's seat with inflatable back and thigh support.

PoorManQ45

Yep, I recognize this topic.

I don't really like any of the creature features that the Q45 has to offer. A/C controller--> Blah. Bose Stereo--> Piece of s***, Leather Seats --> OK, but hell in florida sun, Telescoping WHeel --> nice, but alot of cheap cars come with this feature now, Overall, I say the car is "Bland".

Actually, most "luxery" vehicles don't offer many extraordinary features.

One thing nice about the Q45 is the Engine itself. It's built to last forever. But unfortunately Infiniti engineers attached a bunch of electronic gismos and gadgets to it that break every other start up.

My ultimate dream car would contain a "built" 454 BB being fed by either dual or quad four barral double pumper carbs, with Power steering, power brakes, A/C, and that's it. All this would be put into a Chevelle body. For seats, I'd like a nice semi-firm bench seat. For a radio.. What radio, I'd be soothed by the sweet sound billowing from the engine compartment and then the squeal of the rear tires begging for mercy, all the while perfuming the air with the scent of burnt rubber

Now to jack your thread. What would your dream car contain?

Jesda

PoorManQ45 wrote:Now to jack your thread. What would your dream car contain?
Everything already in the Q, plus navigation. Cadillac night vision might be nice for the unlit roads here, and active suspension or magneride.

Man, domestic cars are great for neato-gimmicky creature comforts.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

not having cup holders! thats where its at!

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I have cruise control and ac....

nismofly

yeah i suppose those two are pretty nice, ill say them too

i heart my sunroof too

Mr1der

mine is the scourge of the earth....

mother of god I hate my sunroof...it probably wouldn't be too bad if al the hardware was there and it didn't leak...and could shut right...

Jesda

Ghetto-seal that bad boy with tile caulk!

Mr1der

it's tempting...it really is

I'm honestly feeling more and more motivated to fix it's b**** a** though...gonna try and redo the interior in that damn car soon...well...resto the whole car really...

Rex
Car: None

Jesda wrote:Ghetto-seal that bad boy with tile caulk!
Sheez, Duct tape, that's the real solution.

PoorManQ45

Rex wrote:Sheez, Duct tape, that's the real solution.

Mr1der

haha...did that one....ripped the tape off with wind...

gabossie
Car: Your mom

I like my... ashtray, it works well for coins My heater doesn't work, nor does my AC, I don't have cupholders or a telescoping wheel. No heated anything and my window switches are screwed up. The alarm no longer works, but the keyless entry still does, I like that.

PoorManQ45

Mr1der wrote:haha...did that one....ripped the tape off with wind...
That's a blatent lie. Your ford can't get going fast enough to rip off the duct tape.

Yes I know that my Q45 doesn't even run, so don't try that s*** comeback

nismofly

1der put the tape on the inside...

that or get special nascar duct tape which is good to like 200mph

PoorManQ45

YEp, I've seen them use the stuff to hold the lip spoiler on! But maybe it held so well because it was directly infront of the car. So it forced the tape onto the car.

Mr1der

god you're a dumbass...

perhaps it was cheap tape, but still...

I guess if you had a running car and used duct tape as much as I do, you'd know it gets ripped off fairly easy...

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Nothing wrong with Duct Tape.. If nascar can, I can.....

PoorManQ45

Hey wes, use that same motto and apply it to oil. If Nascar uses Dino Oil, then so can I

Jesda

It really doesnt matter what you pour into the crankcase of a paperweight. Sh1t, you could use koolaid and it wouldnt matter. More power to you!

nismofly

its especially fun to make pictures on the side of a certain 91 dodge shadow that my friend has, or had...got we put that car through hell

PoorManQ45

Lets see some pictures of that bad boy

Return to “Others”