Top down on the go...

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
VanNelson
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx LE Convertible

I wanted to know how to make it so I don't haveto be in 'Park' in order to put the top up/down. I love to drive topless, even on cloudy days - so when it begins to rain in the middle of a stoplight and my top takes 20 seconds to raise, I don't want to have to pull over or piss someone off by sitting there on a green light raising the top. I heard there was someway involving wires and etc. under the hood, but they never went into detail. Thanks a bundle.

top_secret

I think if you did this than your car would think it was in park all the time so you wouldn't have to put it in park to start it either... something to think about. but anyway there is a plug by the fusebox with two thick wires, black and white, going into it. check the write up on the 5 speed swap article, I had trouble finding it so there are now some detailed photos up of it.
Modified by top_secret at 12:52 PM 12/24/2005

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

That should work...

But remember why it was designed like that in the first place... If you raise the top while moving you will add a ton of wind resistance to the power required to raise the top.. That will add huge stress on the motor and likely cause premature failuer.

I'm sure you understand this, as it's not rocket science... but just keep it in mind.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”