TOOLS

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
lil89ram50
Car: 1985 nissan 720 1989 dodge d50 1979 chevy luv

ok so im jus starting college, first year, and im goung into auto,. we need to BUY our own tools, but they always give out a few sets to people who sighn up early, not every one, but they draw out of a hat from the ones who sighned up early, well i got chosen! someone always donates the tools, and i found out today it is a local auto parts store, and the tools are all SK..... lifetime warranty! anyone got any experience with them? the last few years they have been donated by the local snap on guy, but this year they came forward!

so tell me what you think of them, or jus what you prefer for tools!

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

With a lifetime warrenty you can't go wrong and since they are donated I would just make sure you take good care of them.

Remember to use the right tool for the right job. Nice score!

lil89ram50
Car: 1985 nissan 720 1989 dodge d50 1979 chevy luv

well i atarted schol the other day, got my tool box.... just a basic one, wrenches, sockets, pliers, screw drivers, alen wrenches, star bits, files, jus tha all around common tools that a beginner would need!

well.. this just isnt guna cut it for me! haha and the snap on guy comes once a week, and i remember when i was working at a local shop he offered me a deal... i pay 50 bux a month, and he brings me various tools once a month... sometimes it might just be a couple alen wrenches or screw drivers, and another time it might be an impact wrench! he said this is the best way to build up a real good tool box, when on a budget! and the more i pay, the more stuff i will get, and the faster i will have everything i need! so he comes on monday, and im thinking about bringing this back up to him, and doing 100bux a month

anyone else ever heard of this? or is this just something he does?

Return to “Datsun Chat”