TOOK THE JX FOR A TEST DRIVE.....(and?)

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

this saturday, i finally convinced "her" to stop looking at the station wagon (EX) at 37k and take a closer look at the JX which offers so much more room for only $4k more. Took the black/black one out and she loved it. But once we got back, she fell in love with that OD/Military Green (emerald graphite) one. (i told her i will spray paint matt-black patches on it like a Humvee lol) She loves the Green, and i love the JAVA interior in it.
Im prepping her 2010 G37s now for a trade-in, and i think we are going to pull the plug on her G, and grab up the new JX! :)

can anyone tell me what you paid (if its not a big secret)? Suggestions, models, pricing would be greatly appreciated!

SAY GOOD BYE!

LateralG
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2001 Infiniti QX4 (Auctioned and SOLD!)
2009 BMW 335i

We just bought a Moonlight White / Java with all the boxes checked and my wife loves it. The java is really a unique interior and we got lots of compliments on it. It's really rich looking. The way Infiniti packaged their options together made it difficult to choose one thing over the other so we sprung for all of them. But after driving the car for a few weeks now I suppose I could live without the electronic nannies on the Technology Package. All others offer some really great stuff though. We were eligible for VPP pricing so our price was fixed which was quite a relief - I sell for a living and I hate having to negotiate price in my personal life (go figure). Happy to give you any detailed info on living with the ride, specific options or features so just let me know. Good luck!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

LateralG wrote:We just bought a Moonlight White / Java with all the boxes checked and my wife loves it. The java is really a unique interior and we got lots of compliments on it. It's really rich looking. The way Infiniti packaged their options together made it difficult to choose one thing over the other so we sprung for all of them. But after driving the car for a few weeks now I suppose I could live without the electronic nannies on the Technology Package. All others offer some really great stuff though. We were eligible for VPP pricing so our price was fixed which was quite a relief - I sell for a living and I hate having to negotiate price in my personal life (go figure). Happy to give you any detailed info on living with the ride, specific options or features so just let me know. Good luck!
Hey thanks for your reply! :)

ya, i gotta be honest- myself, im a simple guy. I own the top of the line Rogue= and its still basic as basic comes. heated Leather, bluetooth, bose, xenon lights, AWD, power everything and thats pretty much it. i dont want the sonor missile launchers(lol), and google knowing where im at, or all the other crazy feature. My girl doesnt use them anyway. Her G37s was the top of the line- and i think she used the GPS twice in 2 years. she doesnt even have 1 song on the hard-drive that the car came with.

we are shopping for and HOPING to get that Java interior. its such a classy, interesting, different, and sexy color. its gonna be a show stopper all on its own. we are having a problem finding a basic AWD JX with that color interior tho. nothing available even to be located :(
the only option i will try to squeeze in for free is the remote start. lol

yhz123
Car: JX35

re: the remote start...will it work with just the entry level JX (which is what I have) or does it require the technology package first?

LateralG
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2001 Infiniti QX4 (Auctioned and SOLD!)
2009 BMW 335i

Looks like it's part of the Driver Assisance Package or as a $400 stand-alone dealer installed option.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

I'd opt for the 2013 EX with the 3.7... :biggrin:

Already the EX35 is rated a bit more HP than the JX, but put that 3.7 in there with that 7speed and it is a wonderful machine (no CVT!!!)

Driving experience/ FUN or room? What does she need?
If you NEED the room, there shouldn't be any confusion... JX all the way.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

XIS wrote:I'd opt for the 2013 EX with the 3.7... :biggrin:

Already the EX35 is rated a bit more HP than the JX, but put that 3.7 in there with that 7speed and it is a wonderful machine (no CVT!!!)

Driving experience/ FUN or room? What does she need?
If you NEED the room, there shouldn't be any confusion... JX all the way.
deff the room. but we are having problems finding the color combo's we want.
java interior with black or green outside - base model awd. not gonna buy until we find that :)

Sinecure

yhz123 wrote:re: the remote start...will it work with just the entry level JX (which is what I have) or does it require the technology package first?
It will work with yours. It is a $400 option (plus install cost). You'll get new intelligent keys with it.

But most people are buying them with Premium and either Drivers' Assist or Deluxe Touring so they get the remote start.

sherryhj1
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX, 2012 Nissan Altima S, 1997 Maxima GLE

ImStricken wrote:this saturday, i finally convinced "her" to stop looking at the station wagon (EX) at 37k and take a closer look at the JX which offers so much more room for only $4k more. Took the black/black one out and she loved it. But once we got back, she fell in love with that OD/Military Green (emerald graphite) one. (i told her i will spray paint matt-black patches on it like a Humvee lol) She loves the Green, and i love the JAVA interior in it.
Im prepping her 2010 G37s now for a trade-in, and i think we are going to pull the plug on her G, and grab up the new JX! :)

can anyone tell me what you paid (if its not a big secret)? Suggestions, models, pricing would be greatly appreciated!

SAY GOOD BYE!
A JX35 for 41K????

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Sure, base model, 2wd.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”