Took my tranny apart!

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

So I finally took my tranny out of my 210 and took it apart to find out why the thing won't move. Check out what I found!

This is the main drive gear:

This is what it is *supposed* to look like, according to the FSM

So anyway, when I get motivated again, I'll drop in the new tranny. Then I plan on selling the thing. Soooo.....

Anybody interested in an '81 210 Hatch. A15 motor, 5 speed, cd player, A/C (doesn't work, but it's there). Asking $1000. Anyway, I'll post more details about the car when I get it running, but just thought I'd throw that out there while I'm talking about it.

continental_drift
Car: 1991 240sx coupe - in progress - zeal function V6, ssr formula reverse, trust SP. more to come.

haha, thats crazy.... looks like you've been doing some pretty aggressiveshifting in that old datto...

anyways, you're going to sell it?? I think this is where we all boo, hiss, andmake obligatory YOU SUCK comments...

either way, good luck with fixing it and good luck with selling it... though I thinkyou should hang on to it. but thats just me.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Eh...I need the money and I rarely drive it. I'd prefer to sell it to a fellow NICO member though, so I can keep it in the family

SeanDean
Car: V8S13, 528i, 328is racecar

Damnit, so I lose the bet about everything being in the bellhousing......

well at least the clutch is prolly OK

That input looks pretty gnarled up though, I dont even understand how there were gears on that thing, looks like they were machined off not broken or ground off. BTW I just got back from ATl about 20min ago. Took the scenic route from around Jennings down to New Smyrna.

Got lucky though and caught the co-owner of Jennings at the track and spoke about running drift events there, track cant handle it, etc... blah

Anyway, congrats on destructifying the trans, Ill see ya thurs. and will try my best to install the tranny with the power of thinking about it Maybe John will help think about it too...

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

freethinker wrote:Damnit, so I lose the bet about everything being in the bellhousing......

well at least the clutch is prolly OK

That input looks pretty gnarled up though, I dont even understand how there were gears on that thing, looks like they were machined off not broken or ground off. BTW I just got back from ATl about 20min ago. Took the scenic route from around Jennings down to New Smyrna.

Got lucky though and caught the co-owner of Jennings at the track and spoke about running drift events there, track cant handle it, etc... blah

Anyway, congrats on destructifying the trans, Ill see ya thurs. and will try my best to install the tranny with the power of thinking about it Maybe John will help think about it too...
Haha...doubt it'll get back in the car before Thursday Unless your thinking powers are just really really strong.

Anyway, apparently the cage on the main drive bearing broke and a couple of the balls fell out. Not sure where they went, but they probably disentegrated when they machined off the teeth of the gear

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”