Toe Camber Adjustment Arm Part Confusion? Rear Suspension Parts 2005

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
416BRAND
Car: 2017 ALTIMA 2.5 SR
RIP • 05 Maxima SE
RIP • 97 Maxima SE
RIP • 95 Maxima GLE

This product has so many names I was wondering if you can help me order the correct one. Which do I order?

55110-3Z000 (Trailing Arm)
551A0-3Z000 (Track Bar)

My Rear toe/camber is way off for my 2005 Nissan Maxima SE.

I need to replace this lower toe adjustment arm
(the photo is an aftermarket one but you know the one I mean):

The stealership has those two different items listed under rear suspension parts and they look similiar... its kind of confusing. In this case, the stealership is actually WAY cheaper than aftermarket.

I was going to get DORMAN 522703 until I realized. I know the difference is that the aftermarket is adjustable but do I really need it? I'm running all stock tire size height and everything.

EdBwoy

From the parts catalog I looked at, it seems like your 2nd part number is the one you need.
This link says 2 are required per car, which most likely means the right and left one are similar in this car.
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/n ... A002,551A0

To distinguish between them, notice one is bent and shorter to scale. If to want to be even more certain, post a picture of the part on your car.

As for the adjustable one, you might not "need" it, but if you intend to keep the car for a while and the cost is reasonable, I'd consider it.
When the car is assembled brand new, everything is tight and everything falls on a nice laser aligned grid. With time, fatigue takes over. Bushings get soft, metals deform, etc... this might happen on a micro-scale, but basically unless you refresh your suspension, OEM (or rather STOCK) doesn't guarantee perfect alignment any more. You make up for it with small adjustments where you can.

416BRAND
Car: 2017 ALTIMA 2.5 SR
RIP • 05 Maxima SE
RIP • 97 Maxima SE
RIP • 95 Maxima GLE

Thanks dude!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”