Toasted a Crossfire SRT-6

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
GOING DEEP
Car: 350Z Roadster Twin Turbo

Finally another kill to report on. I know, I been slacking lately on my kill reports. I think I am the first to bag a kill on a Crossfire SRT-6, 330hp/310ft-lbs supercharged V-6. Coming home from the gym, I take a street that takes me through rows and rows of dealerships. Driving along, I spot a crossfire pulling out of a dealership with a temp tag and think to myself "there's one born every minute". Now, at the time I think its just another anemic crossfire driven by "wannabe cool" guy. Its been my experience that crossfires never want to race, probably because they've been spanked so hard by all of us. Now, I pass this guy thinking he was going to have that wounded look about him. We come to a light and now I look over to see whos driving miss daisy....I mean who's driven this crossfire. Now stop and think for a moment. If you had a neighbor beats his dog everyday, the dog would probably flinch whenever your neighbor went outside. So, I was expecting this guy would keep his eyeballs straight ahead, avoid eye contact, pretending like he doesn't exists and slowly counting to himself the number of payments before he could trade in his car for a real sports car. Damn that was a long sentence. But this guy wasn't "flinching". In fact, he had a big smile on his face like "you want a piece of this". In my mind, I was thinking "piece of what, dumba$$? Have you no brains at all? Have you not been schooled enough by Zs all over town?". So, I give the guy a nod and I knew it was on.

Now picture yourself sitting at a light next to a regular crossfire. A brand new stock Z next to a crossfire is like bringing a shotgun to a knife fight. But now picture yourself at the light in a Z with a twin turbo. Now its like bringing a rocket launcher to a knife fight. However, this guy wasn’t weilding a knife.

Now, the light finally turns green and I get an okay launch (I’ll admit, I didn’t know this was a SRT-6 and was taking her a little easy). I top off first gear, he’s still next to me with his front bumper at my rear wheels. I top off second, and he’s still next to me at the same spot!

Okay, intermission time: When you’re driving a TT that’s boosted up, you cant merely floor it in first and second gear. Otherwise you would end up sitting at the light leaving your precious and expensive rubbers behind. No not that kind of rubbers, tires, I mean tires. So, that fact that this guy is staying with me to this point only has me concernced because I knew it wasn’t an anemic crossfire I thought it was. At this point I knew it was an SRT6! Back to our show now already in progress...

Okay, now I am pissed and excited at the same time (please, no fetish emails, thank you). I am pissed because I have to hold back the twins in first and second and this...and this...crossfire is still right next to me. I am excited because I am racing a SRT6 and about to unleash the twins in third gear and if I really feel like embarassing this guy I will let the twins play in fourth gear too. As soon as I hit third, floored it, it was over. My Z sprung forward like a crack whore jumping for....money(you thought I was going to say d1ck, huh? you dirty ba$$tard) and immediately gave this guy an eye exam(let him read my plate). Now I see him in my rear view mirror and slide into fourth. Now he’s way back there. And no I didn’t get to measure “car lengths”. By now we are quickly approaching the next light and I shut her down in the middle of fourth. He pulls up next to me and gives me another nod. I think he had enough and had that wounded dog look about him. Poor guy, just when you think your crossfire will own a Z, we bring you down in flames.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

DAYUM!

Those SRT-6's are fast cars to have such an easy kill, is well, uhm cool

Fred...

PS: Feel kinda sorry for the guy tho, his new pride and joy..But I guess if you wanna run with the big dogs..

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Solid kill bro! I don't much care for the regular Crossfire, but the SRT-6 is pretty badass. Dodge has it right with the SRT series, however it's tough to hang with the twins...

repo

GOING DEEP

Yeah it was rather an easy kill. You figure I am putting down about 100 more hp than he is.
PalmerWMD wrote:DAYUM!

Those SRT-6's are fast cars to have such an easy kill, is well, uhm cool

Fred...

PS: Feel kinda sorry for the guy tho, his new pride and joy..But I guess if you wanna run with the big dogs..

silkk
Car: 94 B13, 89 S13, 07 S2000

Wow! Nice kill!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

+1 for the Z... all is well in the land of chrome hamburgers.

p.s. Might I place a special request? Next kill needs to be one of them damn SRT+4's. No one's 'first car' should be that fast.

GOING DEEP

I bagged me one of those on day one of my TT. Here's the story, a little old but still good.

Killed an SRT-4 on day 1 of my TT Okay, finally after much anticipation I got my Z today after having my TT installed. I am running a stock boost GReddy TT w/ fmic, race pipes...see sig below. So, my drive home was very uneventful as I looked for my first victim. To no avail, I end up at home without a trophy to stick on my wall. Well, after dinner I mention to the wifey I am going to get a shot of Starbucks. I'm an addict, the first step is admitting you have a problem. I get to starbucks and still nothing out there. Not even a little honda to feed the angry beast. With my hopes in the gutter I start heading back home. Its about a 10 min drive that I usually make it last 20 min somehow. As I get ready to make one of my final turns home, a neon flys by doing about 45ish. I quickly note its actually an SRT-4 (please pretend like there is a big difference besides the turbo). So, since traffic was pretty light(aka disclaimer) I quickly get right on his a$$ as I drop into third from fifth. In a moment I am right up on him. Now, I get into the right lane as I pass a car and shift into fourth and he quickly became an "objects in mirror are losing". I shut it down as I approach 90 and wait for another shot at this guy. He's probably thinking to himself WTF, my parents paid little bucks for this neon...errr..SRT-4. As I see him coming up fast, I drop it into third and once again...whiplash is experienced as I spool up and match and then pass his speed. By this point, traffic is coming up fast on us and we both shut it down. A couple blocks later we both pull over and have a great conversation about our cars. In fact, we both exchanged "under the hood" looks. He claimed to be stock with the exception of a bov. It was really fun. Another disclaimer, not trying to start flame wars, just having fun.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

GD:

No worry about flames, Nico is a (almost) flame -free zone.

Fred..

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”