To those M owners without OEM back-up camera

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

Morning folks,

2008 M35S here (Non-nav, non-Bose). What solutions have people already tried on M cars that do not come with an OEM back up camera? There are different aftermarket styles IE: complete mirror replacements with camera LCD built in, separate dedicate small LCD, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I don't remember anyone doing a post about adding this feature. I doubt Infiniti would use a different screen and wiring for non-camera cars, so you might already be wired for it and need just the actual camera and control module. Lots of models that are missing extra cost options are actually pre-wired for them. This will likely be pricey, but you won't need to add an extra screen or change the rear view mirror to view the back-up cam.
Failing that, I would go for a wireless model with a cam on the trunk or bumper that transmits to a replacement rear view mirror. Those run about $200 I believe. I would steer clear of anything direct from any source in China. China is leading the world inn new state of the art factories for cars, so it won't be long before you can get a high quality product, but they aren't there just yet.
Let us know which one you go with and if you don't mind, a short review?

CarGuy87

Gotcha, yes I will report back with info for other members. There are two other M35/M45 DIY projects that I will make tutorials for.

shavedcrx
Car: 2010 m35

I used a video interface that had a camera input (I think it was navtool) and a universal rca output backup camera. Been six years no issues. Comes on automatically when I put it in reverse. Has a switch and other inputs if you want videos/movie/phone integration as well.

CarGuy87

shavedcrx wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 am
I used a video interface that had a camera input (I think it was navtool) and a universal rca output backup camera. Been six years no issues. Comes on automatically when I put it in reverse. Has a switch and other inputs if you want videos/movie/phone integration as well.
That's a great product! That's exactly what I need. So according to their site I need:

-Interface itself (https://www.navtool.com/infiniti-m-2008 ... rface.aspx) $219.99
-check box to "Add Rear View Camera To My Order (+ $75.00)"

I see that there are several options to the interface. You get extra options like smartphone mirroring, extra cameras, other video input sources, etc...

Do you think it was worth the price they are asking, around $300?

shavedcrx
Car: 2010 m35

CarGuy87 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 pm
shavedcrx wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 am
That's a great product! That's exactly what I need. So according to their site I need:

-Interface itself (https://www.navtool.com/infiniti-m-2008 ... rface.aspx) $219.99
-check box to "Add Rear View Camera To My Order (+ $75.00)"

I see that there are several options to the interface. You get extra options like smartphone mirroring, extra cameras, other video input sources, etc...

Do you think it was worth the price they are asking, around $300?
I think I paid more. I bought a more expensive camera elsewhere. Definitely worth it. Lowered car, limo tint on windows, hard to see without it.
The video input lost its appeal to me shorty, as I really just need audio for music/podcasts.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”