to other M45 owners - question on radio

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dezm45

I've had my M for almost 9 months now .. and I've noticed a slight problem that I believe I've had since the first few weeks of having the car.

At times, I have very little audio response from the left (driver side) speakers - both front and rear. If I play with the balance, and go from left to right, you can definitely notice the difference. I can get rid of the problem though - I simply crank up the volume to the system, and you can hear the speakers eventually 'kick in' .. it's kinda strange, and doesn't happen a lot, but the first few times it happened, it really pissed me off -- guess it's that inferior BOSE system again.

Also, the 'noise compensation' feature. I think it may have worked for about 1-2 months, now it seems non-existent ! If I recall correctly, when it DID work, when I rolled the windows down or opened the moonroof, the volume would increase -- is this still working for everyone else ??? I really believe it is related to the left speaker issue. It's really not a big deal, as I hardly care if this feature is working or not !

I'm having the dealer look at BOTH this week when I go in for an oil change.

Just curious though .. has anyone else experienced anything similar to these 2 problems ?

Thanks in advance !!!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

dezm45 wrote:At times, I have very little audio response from the left (driver side) speakers - both front and rear. If I play with the balance, and go from left to right, you can definitely notice the difference. I can get rid of the problem though - I simply crank up the volume to the system, and you can hear the speakers eventually 'kick in' .. it's kinda strange, and doesn't happen a lot, but the first few times it happened, it really pissed me off -- guess it's that inferior BOSE system again. Thanks in advance !!!

This does not happen in my M45 - it is working fine, albeit not as nice a sound as I would like it. But that is minor, since I do not consider my car to be an audio system - my home system gives me that enjoyment!

I suspect that something may be wrong with your audio unit and it needs repair or replacement.

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I have that exact same thing on my Q45... Eveen though the bose's are different i wonder why it does that.....

I found that if i have it on for a longer period of time (IE during a road trip) it doesnt do it.....

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”