To build or part?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Slipstream
Car: '94 Sonoma, '90 300zx n/a

My friend gave me a VQ35 from his '04 350z as payment for doing a motor swap. Something had gotten into the #1 cylinder and put a small home & interesting imprint into the piston. Barely a mark on the valve. The engine has a set of JWT S1 cams. Decision I'm facing is whether it's worth it to rebuild the motor to sell it or part it out? The money I get from it is gonna go into a 300zx. I don't have a 350 shell to use the motor with, so it wouldn't be worth it for me to build it for myself.

PostalsQ

Think you answered your own question. Your into your 300 and getting it to where you want it. So makes no sense into starting another project. I'd say part or sell the engine in it's entirety. Wash your hands of it so your able to concentrate on the 300.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

PostalsQ wrote:Think you answered your own question. Your into your 300 and getting it to where you want it. So makes no sense into starting another project. I'd say part or sell the engine in it's entirety. Wash your hands of it so your able to concentrate on the 300.
^This

It would be one thing if you had a buyer for a built engine already lined up, but even if you build it there's no timeline or guarantee for a sale.

You're just taking away time from a project that is already under way, probably prefer doing and already have a reason to be doing.

Slipstream
Car: '94 Sonoma, '90 300zx n/a

Well I don't have the 300 yet. The one I had, I sold before moving. Was gonna buy it back but my buddy wrecked it. Think you're right though, better to wash my hands of it and build what I really want.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”