to 350z owners: Need advice

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
96s14
Car: driving!

I am about to purchase a 350z in a month, and I need some advice..since there're 5 models and the price differences are not little among them..

-i was thinking about touring model. and i will go wtih 17" wheels since I will get the aftermarket one after anyway.. with GPS, the car is around HI 34XXX. what do you think?

-Do you guys actually use VDC? give me some thoughtss.

-and for GPS, is it better if I just get one of the aftermarket in-dash one? which is around the same price actually...

-is the insurances killing you?

-which trim model did you get?

koolzero
Car: Nissan 350Z

I've got an 03 350Z Touring model with GPS. VDC is on when you turn the car on. You have to manually click the tcs button to turn off tcs + vdc. On the 04s it may be different as fas as being able to only turn off traction control (tcs) and not vdc.

I'm not sure what you mean by we use it? I leave tcs + vdc on most of the time. I spun out one time after turning it off and I was scared for a very long time. Sometimes when I'll race someone I turn it off because it can cut some power.

I like the Nissan GPS but I'd bet there are better aftermarket GPS systems available. Also if you ever considering doing a turbo kit it's nice to have the space available where the gps would go to mount boost gauges.

Isurance isn't killing me cause i'm 25 and I have a clean driving record.

As far as wheels I'm not sure if it's possible to get anything other than the touring automatic with 17" rims. When I ordered mine you only got 17" rims with the automatic touring model. Don't know if this changed on the 04s.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I got the enthusiast 6-speed w/ all options.

Just don't get the base and you will be happy.

Enthusiast will get you LSD + Zenon headlight two must have options.

Performance will get you the 18" Maxima style wheels + tire pressure monitoring system and VDC.

Touring will get you the Bose + leather and VDC and tire pressure monitoring system.The wheels on the 6-speed will be the 18"s the auto gets the 17"s.

Track will get you no leather no Boseno tire pressure monitoring system but Brembo brakes and nice wheels "RAYS" (too small with wise to hold traction if you plann to turbo or S/C)

My ins. is less on my 350z than it was on my 02 SE-R Spec V. Side air bags helped a bunch.

KWdrifter
Car: guitars, motorcycles, cars

my uncle has the Track model and he got a really nice deal, it was like $27grand (hail sail at the dealership). his ended up being more because of the NISMO: cams, exhaust, intake, wheels, motor mounts, and other R-tune bits. imo, i would rather have badass brakes than leather.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I bought a Touring model with 18' wheels and heated leather seats. The 18's may be a little better if you plan on taking it to the track (which I do occasionally), but the ride is more jarring on the street than with the 17's. The runflat 18's also cost a bit more to replace, so that's something to consider.I personally think the GPS is a waste of money so I didn't purchase it. It's a pricey gimmick IMHO. The only downside to skipping the GPS is that there is a cheap looking storage cubby in its place. The cheap cubby doesn't really bother me.

If you're an inexperienced driver, the VDC can come in handy especially in bad weather, but to an experienced driver, it can be an annoyance as it sometimes works against your corrective inputs. On a race track, you absolutely want it off. I religeously turn my VDC off. And you have to do it each time you start the car

The cloth seats in the track model do hold you better than the leather, but I opted for heated leather as I use the car on the street far more than on the track. I use torso harnesses when I take mine on the track. Works fine. In a northern wintery climate, I really like the heated seats, which are not available in the cloth.

Good luck

350z-tech

i also went with the enthusiast cause all i wanted was the slip and HIDS

jEzTeR

Is that your Z in your Sig?Those wheels look great.;)

350z-tech

yea those are the volk GT-7's

350z-tech

hey jester you run this site?

jEzTeR

Nope I just help out.

Greg = AZhitman does.http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.com/forum ... &userid=13

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”