Titanium interior trim scratch

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
GeeThreeFive

This mess is still not over. When I went back to have the panel put back on correctly, which they removed to fix my seat belts, the mechanic had something in his back pocket and put a big gouge(?) in my center peice. They are replacing that now. I took the Bulletin to them and they finally got my window problem fixed. After I tracked down the problem. They told me they replace the light inside my door lock switch, but they didn't.Truthfully, I think the service manager likes me and just wants me to come back again. Just kidding. I have to keep a sense of humor about this, I love my car.

bill sharkoski

There is no light in the door lock switch! Never was...

GeeThreeFive

I wonder why the service dept. didn't know that? :dunce I just told them yesterday it was not lit up and he couldn't understand why it would be out again.Now I really feel confident about letting these guys work on my car..............

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The buttons on many other Infiniti's are lit.

So an understandable mistake.Dont foget the G is still a pretty new model.

Fred...:)

GeeThreeFive

You don't think that when they put in the new one that they might have wondered why it didn't illuminate? Or maybe they didn't check it.

I know this dealership is new but I can't help to pick on them. Concord, where I bought my G sent me a questionaire, I didn't mention anything about the other guys because they didn't ask. But I did let them know that my gold emblems were wearing off. Two days later my phone way ringing making sure it was going to be fixed ASAP. I think they have been in business since day one, it sure makes a difference.

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

bill sharkoski wrote:There is no light in the door lock switch! Never was...
My door lock switch lights up. Its the window lock that doesn't have a light.

bill sharkoski

You're right! Sorry. The window lock switches are not lit but the door lock and window-up/down switches are. Has anyone found a good match for the touch-up paint on the titanium console?????

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

If you can show that your scratches weren't caused by some kind of abuse, I think you should try to get your console replaced or repaired under warranty. Maybe after enough people complain about the problem, Nissan will figure out a permanent fix.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I haven't heard of any touch up paint that really matches yet. For protection though, I know several people who have put Crystal Guard on the door pulls and titanium console and that it is scratch resistant.

GeeThreeFive

If you put something on it, there is a chance that Infiniti might not replace it. I had no problem getting a new titanium door pull. No questions asked. I would try that first.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”