Titan Owners & Nissan "Experts", Is the Titan a Dodge?

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
altidude

Hey, I pose this question to you, Titan Owners and Nissan aficionados alike. Is the Titan a Dodge?
The reason Im asking is because I've had some exchange of comments on youtube with another user that believes the current Titan is a Dodge. This exchange of words takes place in the comment section of a video titled "Road Test: 2012 Nissan NV 2500" by motorweek. I am user 310sole on yt responding.
Heres the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNbRLUUyGBc&lc

here's how the convo went if you don't want to click on the link.

This kinda neat I think. A Titan/Dodge Ram and cargo van all in one.. Ya I said Dodge cause thats who helped developed this truck with Nissan they are in a contract, but that contract ends this year. Now it will be all Nissan. Hey Ford did the same thing with the Fusion they call it the Transit Connect. Chevy made the useless HHR panel. There are so many interesting commercial vehicles out there

soyntgo4it 4 months ago

dude, that is such a lie. this vehicle is mostly all Nissan. only partnerships Nissan has in developing these vans is with Cummins and ZF Friedrichshafen AG. You don't believe me? go to their commercial vehicles website and go thru their press releases and there is NO mention of Dodge. what you are referring to is a partnership with Dodge, precisely Chrysler, to build the next generation Titan but failed and did NOT pan out/go thru.

310Sole in reply to soyntgo4it 3 days ago

Dude you obviously aren't looking in the right area. Sorry but the Titan is a Dodge get over it. Its not a bad thing. Next thing your going to tell me Nissan isn't also teamed up with Mercedes to build 4 cylinder engines. Seriously Don't even troll me. I did enough research to make my comment plausible also having a few technicians that I know work on them all day long that say the same cause of obvious stamping. Until you find info and provide it to me your just trolling for attention.

soyntgo4it in reply to 310Sole 2 days ago

Nissan is collaborating with Mercedes on building engines. I'll give u that. The Titan(next gen.) that you think is a Dodge does NOT exist. the current Titan is still in its 1st generation stage with minor facelifts and tweaks every 2 yrs

please post a link from Dodge, Nissan, or a reputable automotive journalism company that's been around for the past 10 years or more.

please DONT post any links from automaker-based forums you frequented or damn wikipedia.

310Sole in reply to soyntgo4it 9 hours ago

Again the Current Titan is a partnership Dodge and Nissan built vehicle the one that is replacing it is going to be Built by Nissan but Nissan is looking for another partner to possibly help build it. The contract ended this year with Dodge. I Have no clue why you're making an issue out if but you are. Sorry that you can't find the info you need but again sorry that you have been wrong on your replied comments.

What say you? thanks.

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

Old news and a stillborn idea. There were talks of making the next gen Titan based off the Dodge Ram but that idea was scrapped. The current, first-gen, Titan is all Nissan. Most of those comments are way out of the ball park.

StephenG
Car: 93 Nissan Hardbody 2wd KA24E 5spd
87 Nissan 200sx CA20E 5spd

Rev_D21 wrote:Old news and a stillborn idea. There were talks of making the next gen Titan based off the Dodge Ram but that idea was scrapped. The current, first-gen, Titan is all Nissan. Most of those comments are way out of the ball park.
+1
Rev knows his stuff.

altidude

Thank You for the response Rev & Stephen. It's good to know that I was right and now I don't have to reply because I really hate these yt comment bickering.

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”