Titan headlight help

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
hubbysride
Car: 05 Titan

So, I have an 05 Titan and I'm having headlight issues. On low beam, the drivers side doesn't come on. On hi beam, both sides come on. I've checked the fuse in the IPDM and it looks good (for the driver side low beam). I haven't checked voltages on the bulb side because I don't have a multimeter. I was wondering if there was anything else I could check or even a wiring diagram that someone might have to help troubleshoot. Is it possible that the signal for each lamp splits right off the bat at the control on the steering column? If so, it could possibly mean that the switch is bad. Was thinking about doing some continuity checks on that too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adverse Effects
Car: 1987 Nissan Navara 2WD 2.4L Z24
Base Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door styleside
5 speed manual

have you tryed to put the bulb from the left in to the right and the right in to the left to see if its a wiring problem or a bulb problem?

hubbysride
Car: 05 Titan

Yeah, ive swapped bulbs and bulbs are fine.

Adverse Effects
Car: 1987 Nissan Navara 2WD 2.4L Z24
Base Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door styleside
5 speed manual

well my guess is the wire from the socket to the connection that links the 2 lights together whether it be back at the relay or or just a connector part way back in the wiring loom

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome to NICO hubbysride!

There should be a detailed breakdown about the voltage path in the factory service manual for your truck... www.nissanservicemanual.com

Possibly a wiring diagram as well, although Nissan has gotten increasingly bad about not putting schematics in their electrical manuals for the last several years.

Good luck!

Heath

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”