Titan coolant hose backed off! Defective Clamp?

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
wchai
Car: '93 Miata Turbo, '04 Nissan Titan King 4x4, '02 Infiniti QX4, '96 Infiniti Q45T

My new Titan broke down on the freeway over the weekend and I found the coolant return hose was disconnected and the top clamp had dropped to the lower clamp. The truck overheated at 70 mph and miss fired a few times. I pulled over immediately to the side and got a flat-bed to take it home. I checked the oil and it seemed normal. The truck has only 5000 miles and I just took it on an 800 mile trip about a month ago without any problems. The truck is only driven on weekends which is why the mileage is so low. Has this happened to anyone?

I took the truck to the dealer yesterday. I noticed the top hose clamp that came off was very loose and seemed bigger than the lower hose clamp. I believe the hose clamp should always be tight unless opened with pliers. Maybe this is a defective clamp?

Is there any test I can do to make sure the engine is health? I don't know if the dealer will check compression or leak-down, and how about the potential damages to the block and gaskets?

Thanks

Wilson '04 Titan King SE 4x4 w/heavy tow pkg

NISTECH

I think this got answered in online mechanic. just following up to make sure??

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”