Tires on a 2004 Infiniti FX35

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
vda240
Car: 97 Nissan 240sx

So I went out and took it to the dealer, and they said I need tires rotation...

The thing is I just got brand new BFG tires on it (5 months ago) that were used for probably about 6,500 miles. They said I needed a rotation, which was kinda quick. I also noticed my tires starting to wear out too.

They also mentioned that these cars need tires every 35K miles.

Btw its the premium model with 20" Factory Wheels.So does this sound about right? I am not familiar with these vehicles, but I thought that changing tires every 35K miles is kinda expensive.

kieranlavin
Car: Coupla cars

vda240 wrote:So I went out and took it to the dealer, and they said I need tires rotation...

The thing is I just got brand new BFG tires on it (5 months ago) that were used for probably about 6,500 miles.
I think the scheduled rotation is somewhere around 5000-7500 so that sounds about right.

Quote »They also mentioned that these cars need tires every 35K miles.[/quote]That all depends on driving style. I'm trying to get rid of the tires on my FX (the crappy RSA's) so I'm beating the crap out of them. They look like they'll last 25-30k or so. I'd bet that if I took care of them, I could get them to last 40-45k but 35k sounds like a good average

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”