Tires for a 2009 FX50

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
bolsen2

Hi to all. Recently I purchased a 2009 FX50s.I searched through many of the posts and found a partial answer to the questions I have regarding tires for the FX50 21 inch wheels. As you know the selection of tires for this wheel is not great. Then I ran across someone who was using the Pirelli Scorpion Verde in a 275-45-21. These seemed to provide the answer to my concerns of filling the wheel well a bit more than stock,and easing the ride quality
up a bit. Problems solved. However new questions arose. Are there any clearance problems to be aware of with the larger tires? Would any type of spacer have to be used? Anyway,I am new to the Infiniti world,and have pretty much left the domestic brands behind. This website far exceeds others I have seen. So,thanks in advance of any info you care to share. Brian.

Gilley

What size tires are on your FX now and how much larger are the 275-45-21s?

bolsen2

Hi Gilley. The tires on the car are standard size. 265/45/21.The Scorpions are
275/45/21. I spoke with SETH at the tire rack and the main difference between the two tires are in height.The 265's are 30.4 inches,while the Scorpions are 30.7.
There was a post,or an answer to a post here by someone who had fitted the Scorpions on his FX50. There was also two reviews on the Tire Rack by someone who had fitted
his FX50 with the Scorpions.I suspect the reviewer on Tire Rack,and the poster here are one in the same. Anyway, considering the huge wheelwells on the FX50,
I believe there will be no problems,and will probably fit the Scorpions to my car. I am still trying to figure out what to do about my wheels. Chrome verses black powdercoat of the stock 21 inch rims. Once I make the decision,I will be doing both wheels and tires at the same time. The car is black on black,and I just did the brakes with new slotted and dimpled rotors,and want a nice contrast on the car.
Anyway,we will see where it go's from here. Brian.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”