Tire/ Wheel Question

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
alex_btl
Car: Versa SL HB/QUEST SE

I am new to this forum. I bought a 2008 Versa SL trim Red Alert2 days ago and absolutely love this car except for the ride with the stock wheels and the wierd behaviour of CVT

I have been reading this forum for almost a month which drove me to buy this car in the first place plus I got a very reasonable deal also.

I began my customization project today with weather tech vent visors. I will tint it this week end.

Next thing as everybody guesses would be replacing Wheels and here is where I have few questions.

1) Can I replace the wheels with 2004-2008 Sentra 16/17" wheels,I thought I should have Nissan emblem on the wheels to make it look original2) What is the current market price for brand new stock 15" Versa Alloy wheels if I would wanted to sell them and how should I sell them (craigslist, ebay)3) Can I replace rear drum with Sentra Ventilated Disk Breaks

Has anyone done the above

need answers Please.

Thanks in Advance

Modified by alex_btl at 8:26 PM 7/10/2008

groq36
Car: White 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Congrats on your new Versa. I also just got mine about 3 weeks ago. It's funny because I wasn't planning on buying a Versa, so instead of taking it home the first night at the dealership, I went home to think about it. Lo and behold I come across this forum which assured me I was getting a great car. And I love it! Sorry bro, I wish i could answer any of your questions, just thought I'd share my thoughts. Question #3 is a good question tho! Would love to see that answered.

bucksnort
Car: Versa S

A little while ago on EBay someone had new take-off alloys and crappy Continental stock tire for $450 or so. I'd dump the tires at least.

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

if youre going to buy aftermarket wheels dont forget to take the sensors out of the stocks before you sell them... im not sure if the sentra wheels come with sensors, but if they do they mite work

alex_btl

I have to wait and see about installing Sentras parts to Versa. For my eyes they look like perfect parts made for Versa. Only time will tell.

groq36 its amazing you replaced the wheels within 3 weeks. It's compelling truth that no one can live with the stock wheels.

We defenitely need bigger wheels for bigger cities that involves highway driving.

Nissan should have atleast made bigger wheels as an Option because it takes so much time and energy to do this shopping!

Thanks for all your Answers though!
Modified by alex_btl at 8:15 AM 7/13/2008

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

alex_btl wrote: It's compelling truth that no one can live with the stock wheels.

We defenitely need bigger wheels for bigger cities that involves highway driving.
...and why is that? Houston is a big city and they do just fine IMHO.

bikeman
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

alex_btl wrote: It's compelling truth that no one can live with the stock wheels.
Is this meant to be a joke?
alex_btl wrote:We defenitely need bigger wheels for bigger cities that involves highway driving.
alex_btl wrote:Nissan should have atleast made bigger wheels as an Option because it takes so much time and energy to do this shopping!
alex_btl wrote:Thanks for all your Answers though!
No problem.

David

groq36
Car: White 2008 Nissan Versa SL

alex_btl wrote: I have to wait and see about installing Sentras parts to Versa. For my eyes they look like perfect parts made for Versa. Only time will tell.

groq36 its amazing you replaced the wheels within 3 weeks. It's compelling truth that no one can live with the stock wheels.

Nissan should have atleast made bigger wheels as an Option because it takes so much time and energy to do this shopping!

Thanks for all your Answers though!

Modified by alex_btl at 8:15 AM 7/13/2008
Yeah I got the same response from my friends. I don't even have my plates yet. Honestly, I had to make my Versa mine, and If i didn't do anything, I would've ended up spending the money on other things. It's a nice car, but it became even nicer when I dropped it and got it's shoes. I guess that's my style now, get the springs and a nice pair of shoes and you're off to a good start and a good foundation. Yayuh!

on a side note, yeah, stock wheels can be hard to live with.....i'm already thinking about my next set of wheels haha..not for awhile though...*sigh.

alex_btl

Actually what I meant was, not many people use their car only for commuting purpose, for some people this will be the primary mode of transport. you get very tired with the shocks and vibration this stock tire gives all the way to your steering wheel, so if we have bigger wheels it can absorb most of it.

I realized this when i drove this car to Chicago a city with rough roads and man holes

I had a similar experience in Newyork with different car some time back.

So more the rubber more the cushioning you get, correct me if I am wrong.

While speaking this would it be possible to go plus two size without changing the rims like 215/60-15. what will be the impact summer/winter

when i comapred this size in miata.net I get the following

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference185/65-15 4.7in 12.2in 24.5in 76.9in 824 0.0%215/60-15 5.1in 12.6in 25.2in 79.0in 802 2.8%

Some body told me, as long it is under 3% difference we wont have much of an impact

we can also trySpecification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference185/65-15 4.7in 12.2in 24.5in 76.9in 824 0.0%225/60-15 5.3in 12.8in 25.6in 80.5in 787 4.7%

Has any one done this . would there be any difference in doing the above modifucation to Changing the rim size

Thanks for the answers again

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”