Tire suggestions?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Sometan
Car: 2003 350z Enthusiast

2003 350z enthusiast with OEM tires need to replace , should I stay with OEM or go with another tire. Thanks for your response .
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

The OEM tires on the 350Z are/were horrible. Mediocre traction, bad lifespan...im shocked that Bridgestone ever had those things in their lineup.

I'm a huge tire geek, but before I recommend anything I need some info.

Is it your only car/daily driver?
Do you need cold weather traction (not to be confused with snow/ice traction)?
Do you have a second set of wheels so you can run dedicated summer tire and dedicated cold weather tires?
What's your budget?

Welcome to NICO! :badger
Welco

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

I'm a huge ponteza fanboy, I use S-04 Pole positions :bigthumb:

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Soup!

Love the over the top lettering with the wheels.

S-04s are a great tire, took mine off a few months ago when it started to get cold here. They lasted just long enough for me to change over to cold weather tires They're a great tire and doubly so when you take price into consideration. I think my next summer set is going to be some Michelin Pilot Super Sports, though now that I've ditched my long commute I keep looking at the Bridgestone RE tires (both the 11s and the 71s).

EDIT: I'm still car shopping (as usual) and that Shelby GT350 looks tastier and tastier all the time. If I actually end up getting one (unlikely but possible) I'll have to zip down and see you so you can do an engine/drive vid for YT! :chuckle:

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

BB!

If I could afford the Re-71rs I would get them all day, I had my RE-11s that lasted surprisingly for about two years. Best part about SoFla is I can leave summer tires year round haha

Yeah seriously, everyone around me is already on their 7th car and I'm still on my actual 1st. Been eyeballin the gt350 too but I think I'm pretty solid on finding a 2nd gen Cayenne turbo for utility. It's ugly, but I've grown a strange obsession with it.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”