Tire stuff

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
FrenchPople
Car: 1983 Datsun 280ZXT 2+2
2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Desert Runner 2WD

So im not sure what you guys are running for tires on you OffRoad machines but I have a recommendation for those that can get it in a size for their ride. It is the Firestone Destination XT.

It is a fairly new tire(3ish years old) and has a lot of good capability. I have used them on 3 different vehicles now, a 2019 Ford Ranger, a 2019 Chevy Express(work van that I convinced my boss to put them on) and my 1993 Pathfinder Sport. Here is a link to the 31x10.50x15 that i have on my 93.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp? ... toModClar=

Now in general most usually go for thr BFG KO2. Well in the same size the Firestone is 5 LBS lighter per tire. In static weight that isnt much, but in rolling weight it is HUGE!! Less power required to move it resulting in better acceleration, better braking and better handling due to less un sping weight.

Thanks to the rubber composition it sticks pretty well on the Pavement. In wet traction like rain and snow it does verry well too. This is primarily due to the sipes in the tread blocks that go all the way down the blocks vs some that go part way. I got to experience the snow traction in both the work van and the Ranger here in Colorado. I was really surprised. That said a snow tire would still win in the snow.

Durability of the tire is amazing!! With the work van i went to many different costomer sites where others would get a puncture. The Firestones had no problems with it as I never had a single puncture. Might have been luck, but who can say for sure? As for OffRoad Durability I was really impressed. Most of the experience was with the 2019 Ranger(ran it for a while until I got the Pathfinder). I put those tires through all sorts of HELL!! They plowed throught Mud, floated on Sand and took a beating on sharp jagged Rocks. Never had a single puncture.

Road noise? What road noise? Never had that issue what so ever. Those that did probably had wagon wheels or had the tires over inflated(the usual cause). Tread life is pretty well for what it is too. On the work van i was able to get about 40K, but then again the Van was heavily loaded. The Ranger I was only able to get about 15K unfortunately. Why so luttle you ask? Unfortunately it was totaled back in February after hitting a cow....... But the tires still looked new!! On the Pathfinder I got the Firestones a few months ago and maybe put 3-4K on them but i like them.

If anything its definitely an option for you to consider.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”