tire sizes for a 91 SE

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
maxxed out

Hi all,Well, its time for some new tires for my 91 240 SE coupe. I am interested in lowering the car this time out and wanted to find out what tire specs are good for a nice drop (in addition to the suspension mods--looking at either TEINs or Eibach). I would like to keep my stock rims (15") to keep the stock appearance for now. Before I order replacement tires, what would everyone recommend for the new tire sizes, what sizes fit nicely front/back? Also, for those of you who are running TEINs or Eibachs, what would you do differently if anything? Thanks in advance.

Bobby

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Maxxed out, you don't happen to live in New Jersey do you?

maxxed out

Lost to a K car,First off, thanks for your reply. I see from the sticky at the top of the page that you are pretty knowledgeable about suspensions. Sorry if my questions are too simple, I'm new to lowering cars. I was asking if I should stay with the 195/60s that are on my car now or should I go wider (i.e. 205/60). Would the 205/60 bulge out excessively or rub when turning? Also, since you brought it up, why not put low profiles on a stock rim...sorry if its a dumb question, I'm new and curious.

Next, how would I better the handling of the car with tire selection? Would a Z- or V-rated tire help with the handling or is that a myth (ex. would the car be less shaky at speeds with a Z-rated tire vs. an H- or S-rated tire?) Again, sorry if these are dumb questions.

Which strut/spring combo do you prefer on the 240 for just spirited driving with an aggressive lowered look? I won't be autocrossing, just want good handling at a decent price tag.

Last, Apexi240, I'm not from NJ, I'm in FL.

Thanks for all your help.

Anand

There are a lot of quesitons in that... try doing SEARCH for each and you will find your answers..

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

I ran 205-55-15 yokohama avid "V" tires, and they work fine, in fact, michellin listed that exact size in it's MAST manual for correct fitments as a "plus zero".

I would use that size, you'll get lots more sticky tires as far as availability goes.

and the eibach/AGX spring/shock combo goes well for most anyones purposess, if you wnat ot be a little less expensive, you can use eibach(or whoever you like), and a set of KYB or TOKICO unadjustable shocks.

-chet

maxxed out

Thanks chet for all the info, greatly appreciated...what year 240 are you running, just curious?

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”