Tire pressure/ tricks to make your tires last longer?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
redsx13
Car: 93 240sx 03 350z

So Ive been wondering this one for a while now, and a recent search of that forum has come up with nothing, so here it goes...

Ive run everything from federal 595's to kumo ecasta's to pilotsports to gforce's to falkens to nankings to toyos to yokohamas and everything in between but i still seem to go through a lot of tires; most of the time around 6-8 *new* rear tires in a day, i must be doing something wrong. i pay retail for all my tires and let me tell you, it hurts.

currently i have been running my tires at 35psi, and i have adjusted my rear camber so the tires wear evenly, none of that inner tire ware s*** caused by excessive negative camber. but my tires still manage to chunk like crazy and sometimes peel off in large strips.

I have asked around a little, and i have heard of people running their tires at 60psi and others running tires backwards others say do short runs and let the tires cool down in between.

advice?

redsx13
Car: 93 240sx 03 350z

bump

Joe

um welcome to drifting?

i can kill 2 brand new tires in 3 laps depending on the track.

as your skill increases so does your tire wear

keep your HOT pressures below 35 and you should help it a little. but duh its kind of the nature of the sport where you kill tires...

ka24eracer
Car: 180sx...

I learned not to floor it when I do a spin out , it help !

Import_player
Car: 240sx

OP have you tried harder compound tires, i know they dont grip as good as soft but they last a hell of alot longer. iv been useing yokohama advan a048 for a while now and they seem to be holding up, but ya some one need to invent a tire that doesnt wear lol.

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

Import_player wrote:OP have you tried harder compound tires, i know they dont grip as good as soft but they last a hell of alot longer. iv been useing yokohama advan a048 for a while now and they seem to be holding up, but ya some one need to invent a tire that doesnt wear lol.
harder compound tires are good when your starting out but once you get some good seat time and imporve your skills you NEED good tires, tires with better grip give your better control and they may not last as long BUT for good drivers they are a must

wannaslide
Car: r32 skyline

lol its drifting

troskinatior
Car: A Two Tone Piggy Coupe

i heard by alot of people nexans last the longest

Joe

nexEn lasts no longer than any other tire.

moulton712
Car: coupe, hatch, both s13s

retail, why are you paying retail? places give me a deal, you can buy a pallet of tires for way cheaper.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”